JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Lol thats how I got with JB Hunt. I didnt know who it was, I just called and said "um Im looking for a job and saw this in the truck stop although I dont have a clue who you are" and the guy said "oh were JB Hunt" I said "oh JB Hunt, Ive heard of you from other drivers" and the guy said "dont listen to the other drivers out there :smt082

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    "Will JB Hunt lie to you: yes. Will JB Hunt cheat you if you dont know what to look for or dont keep up with your money: yes. "

Those are 2 really great reasons NOT to work for any company JBH or not.................

4. yevgeniyv.1980

yevgeniyv.1980 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Poconos,PA

JB has few accounts here in New York City(Rite-Aid,..).I spoke with the driver(I think You call it DCS).Running day cab,home every day.But not happy.Asked him if He is making $50,000/year(like I saw ad online for local account.He said to make $50,000 You have to get overtime(Are You able to get OT?It's probably depends on the account).Real numbers would be he said around $35,000/year.
    Also different accounts have diff. numbers.

He didnt get bonus for recruting(5 times:I think it's $500/otr;$200/local).

5. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    Hes probably a local driver. I driver OTR and Ive never heard of overtime for us. Im a lazy driver and like spending a lot of time on the computer or walking around cause I cant stand being cooped up in the truck for 10 hrs straight. I also slip seat and take extra time off lol. I made Im guessing around $37 or 38,000. Im not entirely sure what I made, Ill have to look at my taxes. But I know if I ran hard I could have more than likely made 50,000. One thing I love about JB is they dont push me hard to run a lot. If they do I screw up somewhere and blame them :toothy10: like when I got stuck in the mud in Texas when I was trying to park on their "off ramps". They didnt complain about it though and didnt make me pay for anything so that was cool.

6. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    But the longer Ive been with them less and less do they do this. Its very rare now. But when youre starting you can pretty much bet on it. I dont understand it. Maybe that was just my situation.

7. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    JBH is one of the worst to work for. As far as getting .39cpm well it sounds great but where are the miles. You said yourself they don't give miles and on that I will agree. The average is 1800 miles a week. So 1800 miles at .39cpm is 702.00 gross. Compare that to .36cpm for 2500 miles which is 900.00 gross. So which one would you rather get.

By the way my husband is with a different company and gets .38cpm and in fact does average between 2500-3000 miles a week. Of course this is the slow time so he is getting around 2200-2700 miles a week.

8. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    I like miles too but Im not going to be pushed into having to run like a Mississippi mule if you know what I mean lol. Lately Ive been having a little trouble sleeping so getting less miles is even better for me. I also rarely run at night. Can your husband say that. Im just saying can he tell his company when he wants to run. I told them I dont like to run during the middle of the night because I fell asleep driving a car one time. They dont make me run during the night. Well maybe once a year or so. So as long as I have my leeway than Im not doing too shabby. I might seek a new job in the not too distant future just because of miles, but not right now.

9. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    You people need to investigate the stock market one of these days. Those are the people who own JB Hunt. Thats the way a corporation works. And people investing in the stock market want quick returns on their money. So they dont care what goes on behind the scenes as long as it increases their profit. This isnt Schnieder, a private company, that has all the power over their company. Quit blaming the drivers or the fleet managers or even the guys above them and start understanding what Corporate America is about.

10. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Yes my husband can say that. Roehl is very pro driver safety. He plans his driving time and often stops by 8pm if not earlier for the night. He gets his load where it needs to go. They do not run him "like a Mississippi mule" (whatever that is). They are very safety minded. If you like small paychecks, don't have a family to support at home, JBH is the company of choice. Most drivers prefer to make a good paycheck. I'm not telling you to leave them. Stay as long as you like.

11. reddeb92503

reddeb92503 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2007
    corona CA
    Tell JB's fellas that you just had an accident with over 10,000 in damage that will stop em. dont ask me how I know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.