JB HUNT New Recruits

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by LookemntheEye, Oct 6, 2008.

How should Fleet & Driver Managers be compensated?

1. *

Hourly/Minimum Wage

16.3%
  2. *

Salary/Dependant on # Drivers

15.4%
  3. *

Average pay of what his drivers make.

64.4%
  4. *

Salary w/ Max $ Amount Regardless of # Drivers

6.7%
  1. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Pretty good Mike.

I've had probably the most miles in the past 4 weeks since I started. I think I'm around 10500 for the past 4 weeks. My FM doesn't hassle me at all and for the most part I've been getting nice weekend runs.

I realize the economy is still in the crapper so if I have an occasional 1800mi week I won't go ballistic but honestly I haven't below 2000 since before Christmas.

As with all trucking companies a lot depends on your FM. And sometimes they do screw up. The key is not to make a rift with him/her.

Do your job, communicate, translo paperwork promptly, keep accurate logs and you can do all right here.

ewill71 and david07003 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. banjo151

banjo151 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I have something to say on this. this company don,t give a dam about you all thy wont is money .I am a o/o and by working for thee crooks i lost 4,500.00$ that thy owe me and i have not seen a dime for 6mo so don,t you go blowing smoke up my pipes you are crook............

naps Thanks this.
  4. freight train

freight train BANNED

Apr 18, 2011
    Alvarado,TX
    yeah;you just made up my mind for me too.thanx

naps Thanks this.
  5. bbechtel16

bbechtel16 Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    PA
    LOL I enjoyed your saga, and the apparent punch line. I too am interested in banging my wife daily. Although for me it seems JB is the one that's going to get me laid!

6. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    Please allow someone with over 8 years of experience @ JB Hunt to elaborate a little further and clarify for any of you who may be reading...my remarks in red of course.

Wicked Wizard Thanks this.
  7. Ouachita Native

Ouachita Native Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2012
    West Monroe, La
    I think you explained that about as straight forward as it can get. I have been looking at the regional position being offered out of Winnfield, La. I had a old school driver tell me back around 2001 that the two best companies to work for starting out were J.B. Hunt and Schneider (I know a lot can change in 11 years). I have talked with Schneider to compare their options. When I retired from service in 2009, I received my DD214 one day then drove home and started truck driving school the next. Been in the oilfield since 2010 and am trying to get back to driving again.

8. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    if people cant make their own decisions, that is a problem. there are people that say JB is the worst company ever but never give exact details on what happened. There will be more good comments than negative. i started for jb in feb 2002 and to this day still here. I have worked on a DCS account ever since. i have heard stories about how bad the company is but when I ask the people what happend you can see right through their story. Some people have had bad experiences but there are some who arent willling to work and refuse load.

TRUCK3R M1KE Thanks this.
  9. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I start orientation the 15th for a DCS account in chicago otr two years I'm happy just to bee local finally and making more than being on road. Its all what u make of it. theres bs every where

ewill71 Thanks this.
  10. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx

good luck, have fun up in chicago.

11. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    ill try my best im originally from there, i live in az right now and moving back there next week. So hopefully everything goes well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.