JB HUNT New Recruits

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by LookemntheEye, Oct 6, 2008.

How should Fleet & Driver Managers be compensated?

1. *

Hourly/Minimum Wage

16.3%
  2. *

Salary/Dependant on # Drivers

15.4%
  3. *

Average pay of what his drivers make.

64.4%
  4. *

Salary w/ Max $ Amount Regardless of # Drivers

6.7%
  1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Congrats Joker, just one word of advise. The hooks on the JB trailers are the worst creation ever. I don't know who thought of their design but they should be fired. Anyway, I don't care where you go or what you do but always bungee your doors open before backing. I've seen many a driver lose their job due to breaking a door off when backing. Since you are on DCS you will need to take an extra day of training for close quarters backing. Not hard during orientation but when you get to some of the customers you will have to get creative sometimes. Store deliveries suck!!

BTW- I worked 6 days this week and grossed just a little over 1400. Not too shabby huh? Please keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx

Agree the door hooks arent the best, its always good to have bungees to keep the doors tight no matter where you work.

4. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az

Bungees are a drivers best friend it amazes me what some people do. And what causes them to get fired they should of corrected the problem so they can only blame themselves for it.
    Creative backing is always fun and when you get done you feel relieved and proud for doing it lol. They were telling me something about having to go to 4 days instead of 3 so i assume thats for the backing.

Ill be on this electric one, unloading appliances i guess it what they said, bestbuy lowes hd etc houses

5. ewill71

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    your on the whirlpool account I think...
    nice

6. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Is that a good account to be on??? i think the recruiter said something about electolux or something

7. ewill71

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    most of the DCS accunts are good to be on, I only know of whirlpool but they have a bunch of others they do. I have worked on 2 DCS accounts and hauled for a few extras. I have talked to drivers on whirlpool and they like it.

8. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    oh nice im just trying to find the best one with the most money, i dont think mine has paid holidays but they got an opening for one that does might check that one out

9. ewill71

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    jb has paid holidays on all accounts. You will like the job once you get in.

10. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    alright thats a relief and sounds good. Yea im really excited for this new adventure of my career

11. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    How honest are the jb recruiters? Heard bad stories, anyways been offered doing internodal in haslet as owner OP. Anyone else doing that with some advice before I make the jump. thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.