JB HUNT OTR?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by truckerking2020, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I wouldn't expect to make that or really even get close to it. Several of.us have tried to tell you the miles just aren't there and you are not listening. Good luck with John Boy...you re going to need it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerking2020

truckerking2020 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Yeah well im already in for it so im going to give it a ago, you never know, but i have other options I can choose from.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We were doing straight OTR.

JBH at that time was (2001 late) deliberately expanding into railroad seacans, it was part of my work where necessary. But not assigned that month. And also they were establishing more day cab to support large shippers to keep the Regional rolling via drop lots or terminals. It was a changing time.

I did ok OTR, but it was not a future for me at that time due to increasing medical problems that require treatment. I know that it was a particularly fast hire, two phone calls and a few hours later I had a orientation date. Three days after I was hooking on to paper in south Arkansas.

5. truckerking2020

Jan 5, 2018
    Im sure theyll have work for me thats decent, ill post later on to update how its going.

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Please keep us posted on your miles/pay. I'd love to go back OTR but the wife would leave me. DCS is paying the bills but I've been thinking of transferring to Amazon in Bethlehem PA. Home weekly and they run from Maine to VA out to OH I think.

7. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Why? Why are you sure?

8. truckerking2020

Jan 5, 2018
    Than they wouldn't put me on, they don't like losing drivers, thats for sure, also they know theres competition to keep them, they know if i dont like the work I could leave in a month, so we will see how it goes. Still waiting on hair test results, pain in the ###.

9. XmarksTheSpot

XmarksTheSpot Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Only work here imo if you have less than 2 years exp

10. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Where in the Blue Hell did you get some of these crazy ideas. John Boy doesn't care if you stay or go, they'll hire more. And bouncing from one job to another isn't the best idea if you ever want to hire on to a good company.

11. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    All these companies make promises then give you bs runs.
    After the first year,Im not taking any #### from Dispatch.
    Every company is hiring .dont be afraid to drop your truck off and move on
    Took me 4 jumps to find a good company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.