JB Hunt Reputation

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by notsobigal, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    do you know anything about the DCS in chicago. Ive been otr for 2 years and need to go local now. And from what i heard people seem to be happy with the money for being home everyday. Just wondering if its really 9-1k a week. I heard it also varies on the account you re on pay wise. thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I know I know, you drove uphill both ways with 3 logbooks and snorting coke the whole way from CA to NJ blah blah blah. The 70's want their mustache back. Get over it!

RookieJ1987, Big Ugly and TRUCK3R M1KE Thank this.
  4. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Check it out on JB's website. Pay is fairly accurate to the real deal. Don't just look at the CPM. Find out what the drop & hook pay and detention pay is. It varies per account but you should pull in at least 900 per week easy.

5. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    better yet...

http://www.jbhunt.com/jobs/driving_job/d/IL/

6. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    thanks appreciate it, the account i was gonna go for was 48 cpm 1500 miles a week 13 stops a week $15 a stop

7. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    yea i was on that, that was info on minooka. The joliet one says something about PETCO so i assume you deliver to their stores but it doesnt say how much everything is just weekly gross. Im leaning more towards that one because its 6k more a year and im moving to ill in 2 weeks just hoping they can get me into orientaion after mothers day or im gonna have to go back on the road for a couple weeks cant be taking to much time off. Not good for my pocket book

8. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Actually I'm on the Home Depot account in PA. The key is to just get in the door on a DCS account. Once in you can tranfer out or just help on other accounts when they need extra drivers.

9. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I actually found my job through craigslist. I talked with the recruiter and he conferenced me in with the JB Hunt manager. After talking to him I decided to set up orientation. Best move I ever made (Trucking) so far.

10. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    cool sounds good cause the recruiter said mon-fri sat optional so im like hmm if i need extra money i can work 6 days a week. But thats what im leaning for. Im calling them on monday and can hopefully set up orientaion the 14th. yea the DCS accounts require 1 yr i have almost 2 so hopefully once in i can work my way to the best one. Thats what i was wondering and you answered it for me. A least i know once i set a name for myself here i can move to a better DCS account

11. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    New for 2012 ... No idle policy - 5 minute idle limits on all the new Cascadias and Prostars, no apu's, no tricking them out. Recruiters will "not be aware" of this policy.

Worthless bunk heaters, and no aux AC.

Chopped sleepers, no room or cabinets (or useless otherwise) in most of the new ones - all spec'd for DCS or "home daily" runs.

A little extra weight? - expect a sleep study (don't have to be "fat").

Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.