JB HUNT TRANSPORTATION INC DCS ST GEORGE COMPTON CA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by The Florida Bear, Jan 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Florida Bear

The Florida Bear Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Ft Pierce, FL
    I was terminated by JB Hunt Transport Inc. on 01/22/20 for making a right turn on red.

I was employed 92 days. I was not given counseling, verbal, or written warning.

On 01/20/20 I had given verbal notice to supervisor that I intended to transfer asap as I found the work environment dangerous and had reported acts of violence against me in verbally and in writing. I was called a racist by two supervisors for making these reports in real time and in writing. I was threatened to be sent home without pay and told I was no longer eligible for recognition as driver of the month. The manager threatening me with suspension accepted a gift of a watch from me after asking if it was a Rolex.

The hostile work environment continued with taunts and loss of income and of course I was terminated for making a right turn on a red. I was asked to document these continued acts of dangerous and violent behavior by management for the benefit of all and did so.

Other drivers remained employed after having accidents with bodily injury and property damage.

I know I will get my unemployment since my primary occupation is Union Employment. It will not be me taking action against JB HUNT in the future; it will be the system.

It seems JB Hunt has become a dumping ground for desperate graduates of mediocre colleges. My resume surpasses most any manager in the region and that perhaps is the real issue. I love driving trucks.

I think it is appalling JB Hunt does not give bonuses to drivers but instead wastes jet fuel to send someone's unmarried daughter to sing the company song and hand drivers a donut. It is embarrassing the scripted platitudes that passes for respect of drivers and managerial knowledge.

So Thank You JB HUNT for terminating me. My UNION wants me in Hawaii and Guam.

hallellujah Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Big T

The Big T Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    What kind of dangerous and violent behavior by management we talking here?

4. The Florida Bear

Jan 12, 2020
    Ft Pierce, FL
    The violent behavior is coming from employees of the customer. I was dragged down the road by a yard truck (hostler) after asking for help in English.

The dangerous environment is that day cabs are not meant to retrieve containers packed like sardines. Since the yard hostlers have an imported racial preference for who gets service, citizens not speaking Spanish are left to their own. Management imported from Arkansas and elsewhere tell the JB HUNT driver that they are working on a solution; their solution was to fire someone who documented thoroughly the hazards.

Management called citizens racist for noting the obvious preferences exhibited by green card imports
    who felt empowered by a passive culture of acceptance. Having spent a lot of time out of the country
    and being in a family of the culture referenced, I know the manners of those falsely papered by front
    organizations to take jobs from the citizen. To call me a racist is absurd and actionable; to call me a
    person familiar with the outsourcing of our jobs even in trade unions would be accurate.

Management only threatened to send me home for alleged racial slurs nobody heard and as some sort of higher priority drama than me being violently injured at the hands of the customer's employees.

hallellujah Thanks this.
  5. The Big T

The Big T Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    The whole, being dragged down the road by a yard truck screaming for help in another language probably would have been my last day. Nevermind everything else .

hallellujah, dwells40 and jsnell Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    They're not? What would you suggest be used to retrieve them, then?

How is this JB's fault?

7. The Florida Bear

Jan 12, 2020
    Ft Pierce, FL
    Day cabs are for the road; hostlers are used to recover tightly packed containers. They have the clearance and durability to do so. Day cabs have mirrors and a body style for driving down the road. Hostlers are meant to bump and pry at 90 degree angles. Obviously you don't know this and I am happy to advise.

The fact that a hostler dragged me down the road is not JB HUNTS fault Mr. Sarcasm. It was reported to
    JB HUNT who promptly said I engaged in racial slurs. I am glad you have game Mr. Sarcasm but you need
    to play with someone less skilled than me buddy.

hallellujah Thanks this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I've read quite a few of your posts. Have you ever worked for a company that you liked or have you been mistreated everywhere you go?

Coffey, Lonesome and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. The Florida Bear

Jan 12, 2020
    Ft Pierce, FL
    I was happy at Microsoft. I was happy at the Sailors Union. I was happy at my current union sailing to Hawaii. I love trucking. I been in the teamsters 3 times. I enjoy my life including letting a low life company get what is coming to them. I don't sing for my supper; I am a man. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees RED.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    RED?

Coffey and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.