jb hunt watch your self when or if you work for them

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by styx, Oct 18, 2006.

1. UnbiasedOpinion

UnbiasedOpinion Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Lowell, AR

Dude,
    Go back and look at my post. I stated that they do NOT have driving experience and that they were doing what is "Good for Business". That last part being in quotation marks representing that there was sarcasm. So the garbage that I spouted off is the truth. Let's keep jumping to conclusions. I've done nothing for you or anyone else to "attack" what I have to say. Thanks for making people feel welcome.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerfromhell

truckerfromhell Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    springfield,ohio
    worked for mr hyunt got hurt on the job parked my truck where they told me to but in the end they payed lawers fee's and won saying when i was parked on a city street it was close to my house and there for they was not liable for my injury's:biggrin_2553:

4. mlv

mlv Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2007
    weatherford,texas
    I wish I had found this site years ago, my son might still be alive !! My son worked for J T Stevens and J B Hunt for about ten years....
    I wish I had known more about the trucking industry, especially about JB Hunt...
    The years my son drove, I could see his health deterioate.....he was in the process of quitting JB Hunt, when he had a massive heart attack, at the age of 43...his doctor said it was triggered by stress !!
    He had a job waiting for him in Cleburne, Texas, where he would have been home more.....
    I blame JB Hunt and his fleet manager for his death.....
    I can't tell you how much I dislike JB Hunt.....

MLV

5. AKTrucker

AKTrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I am truly sorry for your son's death, however I doubt JB had anything to do with it, your son chose this industy and more than likely just like most of us, he did not eat right and he was over weight....chance's are that was more of the cause than JB Hunt or their equipment.......I have personally worked for JB and they have some stupid rules andthey may fire you without cause (or at least what we may see as cause) but I must say there is/was no stress involved when I worked there, I was always given 12-24hrs more time to get there than needed.

6. TheLostTruckDriver

TheLostTruckDriver Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Hard to say what stress, but I know the FMs can make it stressful. They have too much power unlike other companies where you can swap out FMs/DMs if you don't get along. I have an ongoing anxiety about my FM because rather than trying to understand things, she pushes until you give up and work over hours (then asks you why you worked over hours later), makes it feel like it's your fault if you have a slow week, and doesn't understand why people night drive. Some of the road service people aren't very good either, and then getting things fixed at B service that should be fixed already. Then that 800 number...
    But honestly, I know if something goes wrong out of my control I wont have to drive illegally (I was referring to doing a pickup at the 14th hour and shutting down up there, not nearly as bad as the 18 hr days with 6 hr breaks I used to have a lot of those scenarios at Swift). You have to take control of your health and anxieties though, it isn't worth it to get stressed. The world wont end if you can't deliver a load or if you can't make your FM happy. Screw em, just enjoy the ride and keep praying for JB Hunt employees to wise up and see the light (that truckers are always right).

7. JohnTheTrucker

JohnTheTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Decatur, AL
    I had more of the same happen to me, as well. Safety doesn't give a crap; If someone calls, it's automatically assumed we're at fault. I hung up on my FM the last time he called me about a complaint.

8. TheLostTruckDriver

TheLostTruckDriver Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2006
    I think after a while, they will get tired of people quitting or...hopefully word getting around enough to keep people from coming here. I honestly don't know what to do (awaiting my dac report now to make sure) but I think I am trapped here because of the "incidents."
    If I wanted to drive an Ice Cream truck, I wouldn't be 600 miles from home and people would only call to see if I would come their way.

9. JohnTheTrucker

JohnTheTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Decatur, AL
    You're ahead of me; I had to apply for a replacement SS card Friday and that is something they require to issue a DAC report. The lady in the SS office said it'll be 10-15 days! YIKES!

10. Elmo's Sweetpea

Elmo's Sweetpea Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Waterford, PA
    As the significant other of a former JB Hunt owner-operator, I can testify to their heartless nature. My guy's father went into ICU on a Monday, they refused to let him come home til Thursday...woulda been home Weds, but JB refused to have someone else come get the other half of the load (so he had to go to AR from MO instead of heading back to PA). Dad died on a Monday, when we called dispatch they were very nice, told him to call when he was ready to come back. He told them probably the following Monday AM, but we weren't sure and would let them know. Well, he was set to go back Mon. nite (Tues AM), was getting ready to call JB and let them know when they REPOSSESSED THE TRUCK!! We were not behind on payments, had, in fact, received the prior week's settlement that day showing $0 due on pmts...we were told they took the truck because he didn't call. Um...do they have phones over there? My guy was very close to his Dad and this was a tough time for him, but JB just made it tougher. Wanna hear the good part? They're trying to bill us for coming to get the tractor and trailer after/during repossession. Not gettin a dime, I'll tell ya that!

11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    One word. Attorney!:yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.