JB HUNT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by GEPPETTO425, Jun 3, 2023.

1. GEPPETTO425

GEPPETTO425 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Applied in 2020 around May in Portland, OR. Was pretty much hired for a dedicated account, spent 5 plus hours watching orientation videos. Day before driver testing and final orientation the brand manager for this dedicated route (Mission Foods) calls to tell me the job was filled 2 weeks ago! Offered me a different job for less money. Told him to stuff it. Immediately complained to everyone, no answers as to why.

A different recruiter called with another position the next day. Great! All set to go. Then someone from JB Hunt calls to tell me because of an accident over FOUR YEARS ago they can’t hire me. I was never in an accident! Again they won’t give me any information. I complained to her manager over a week ago saying I deserve an answer. Still no answer....

Hey JB HUNT- hope you’re listening

Lonesome and Need4Speed Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    the ole bait and switch,there never was a job opening that you really wanted. just the scraps.

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dang tough break man. They're so big they can't remember who they hire and for what position....but 3 years is a long time to harbor animosity towards a company....

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Pull ur DAC report and see whos reporting the accident pretty easy to do

2rescuekids and cuzzin it Thank this.
  6. Armyvet1

Armyvet1 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2020
    That's funny because the same thing happened to me. I got offered a job with them on a dedicated Goergia Pacific account, I did all the videos and stuff they require and right before I was supposed to go to orientation they said they were no longer hiring for that account and tried to switch me over to something I wasn't interested in so after turning that down the recruiter calls me and tells me that due to an accident on my MVR which I don't have a single accident on my application has been moved to disposition and I am not eligible to reapply. Funny thing is that this was about 2 years ago and they still call me it this day.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Years ago that was the norm for JB this was before the online orientation they would have drivers come to orientation only to be told some BS

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Trust they are doing you a favor by not letting you work for them.

Grouch, haz-matguru and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Jb hunt is famous for this bait and switch…they can take everything they offer and shove it where the sun don’t shine

Grouch, mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Some things never change. Back in 2002, I was getting hired by JB to run a load to Houston and back to Dallas every day, dedicated. Was almost through orientation when the recruiter called and said my zip code was over the allowed distance from the terminal so he was going to have to put me OTR until something else opened up. Thing was, I had happened to talk to one of the drivers on that run and he lived in the same area as I did. I told them to stick it and walked out.

Lonesome, Grouch, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I was interviewing with someone at the Houston terminal regarding their Anheuser-Busch dedicated and they asked me how often I want to be home. I said I’d like to be home every day and the lady said this account doesn’t have nobody home every day. You’re out six days and you’re off on Sunday… I told her you’re running nothing but day cabs, I know #### well you’re not putting anybody up in a hotel as many drivers as you got every single night told her she’s full of crap and walked out even walking out to my car. She came out still trying to pitch the job to me.

Lonesome and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.