jb hunts power only program

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by jmktrans, Jan 23, 2010.

1. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    I'm considering it since they accept new entrants, and my MC hasn't even gone active yet.

$1.35 on long haul won't kill me, but it isn't the type of money I got into my own authority for. I'll probably run it for a month or so until my MC stops raising brokers eyebrows and I've recovered a bit of my startup costs.

Just like being a company driver, everyone has to pay their dues and get started somewhere under their own authority. I'm keeping my eyes open for a better option, but its a relief having a fallback plan.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    The only problem with JB is the fact they wont reschedule on any customer which means lots of sitting time wasted. That includes power only. Power only share load boards with company boards. Same customers.

4. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Remember that I'm just getting started out. I need all the time I can get to extablish relationships with brokers, fight off solicitations, double check all my paperwork, study the new entrant audit requirements, try to find a decent deal on a trailer rental, bug my insurance agent with endless hypotheticals, figure out how paper logs work again, stress out over my invoice preparation, figure out what the hell my tax preparer wants from me, figure out why my spreadsheets don't make anysense, and eventually finnd a minute just to breathe.

Not to mention, I've got the shiny new toy in my signature to play with in the parking lot all summer.

Down time doesn't have to mean time wasted if you aren't a steering wheel holder.

5. Distinct

Distinct Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Somerset, NJ
    im thinking about the power only....ive been dealing with alot of broker and tired of fighting for rates and chasing the produce...i signed for there carrier packet and the guy was explaining the power only to me... i will park my reefer and pull theres... i heard it is mostly light loads, at least my truck will have relieve from carring frozen loads..I was also told i can stay local if i want and be home every night.. the only thing that worries my is delay.. i will be compensated for delay some how..speaking to the guy tomorrow morning lets see what he has to say....

6. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    lmao; u will be compensated for delay? keep dreaming, jb doesn't like to give out no more money than it has to; been there done that

7. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    good luck, sometimes when they say they will, you might get lucky. they normally do as they say.

8. MB_Guru

MB_Guru Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    Here is a sample of their management for putting loads on loadbord and response when you call to inquire about the load. To listen to the audio change the ext back to .mp3

Sorry could not load the file will try later.

Attached Files:

9. Distinct

Distinct Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Somerset, NJ
    them guys are so full of crap.... spoke to the man for about a 1/2hr... all he kept saying is we will keep you busy... i wont be home like i would like too.. one guy tells me they pay tolls, then the other one says no... they pay detention but its not worth it.... couldnt believe what i herd over the phone, So i went to the east brunswick nj location.... that manager didnt even know anything going on with the company.. tells me i would have to call them back... im done.. no more phone tag... dont need the account

10. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    your best source is drivers, ask around most will tell you good things. Jb does pay tolls they have ez pass and all that jazz. What type of account were you looking at OTR?

11. Distinct

Distinct Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Somerset, NJ
    it was a power only regional work... but no one was giving me a stright answer..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.