JB O/O under own Authority?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by danny23tx, Aug 2, 2019.

1. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Thanks for the feed back .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No. I'd be ok at $4500 week at that mileage rate.

I'm not a fan of a company that has company and O/O. Company is always gonna get the good freight.

The only dispatcher I've seen so far that can keep running or the other trucks running as much as we want, is me.

danny23tx Thanks this.
  4. johnnyman1099

johnnyman1099 Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Why would JB hunt pay $1.85/mile to anyone when all their lease purchase and OTR owner operator get $1/mile plus surcharge ?

If they have excess freight, they will post them on loadboards. In the past, I rarely seen anything around $1.80 from JB Hunt that is over 400 miles.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  5. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Idk , I pull there brokered freight of the regular 360 board . I received a email about 1.85 all in drop and hook freight , I believe it only applies to certain lanes and contract freight. I am signed up on both sides of their freight boards . We will see .

6. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Ok first day out with JBH , my MT was a hour away. Get my first load tomorrow morning ,I will update after a couple of days .

Ribeye and Western flyer Thank this.
  7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I am currently doing this (since Monday) while my reefer sits at home to dry the insulation. So far, I am not impressed.

The first lie... It's $1.80, not $1.85

The second lie... "we have trailers ready to go"
    Two loads down and it's been a constant fight to find an empty.

Third lie... 12-15% deadhead. Uh, no.

Probably going to bobtail home and get my trailer today but part of me is curious to see what the third load offer is going to be. They'll probably wait to see if I actually get an empty before they put anything on me... so likely not going to happen. I don't want to be under their wagon when I refuse the load.

Ribeye, Cat sdp and danny23tx Thank this.
  8. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Haha yeah same here . Its doesn't seem like a viable option longterm , yeah my trailer was down for this week and decided to give it a go . I'm preplanned for 2 more loads thru Saturday , if I sit over the weekend I will ask them to get me home . Looked good on paper but I would have put down 2x -3x the miles if I was booking my self . You really have no control other than rejecting a load .

lilillill and Cat sdp Thank this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I’ve never seen any thing good posted about the power only deal......

10. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Well, the load they offered wasn't too bad, so I took it. Had a bit of a fiasco getting an empty again, but didn't have to spend too much time on it.

danny23tx Thanks this.
  11. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Went to pickup a load and they double booked it with a JB company driver . He ended up without a load and I took it , I was steaming mad until shipper said no it's yours no worries lol I have a decent load booked after this . I also got money to deadhead which made the last load ok enough to deal with .

lilillill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.