JB O/O under own Authority?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by danny23tx, Aug 2, 2019.

1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    So... I'm curious as to how they've treated you over the holiday weekend @danny23tx ?

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Here's the numbers for 6 days... probably 5.99 days more than I should have gave them.

1638 loaded
    640 d/h

That's 39% deadhead... not the 12-15% smoke that was blown up my ###.

So let's use the different pay scales they have.

844973E7-F4D4-4F0F-80FB-06FAC0332E5D.jpeg

1) $3485.34
    2) $2948.40 (the option I chose which was really $1.80)
    3) $3184.22

Not sure what the percentages would be. Being that they lied about everything else, I don't think they would be very truthful about what the loads paid.

Now let's talk about how a spring ride trailer will beat the ever living #### out of your truck. I have no doubt that if I were to continue to drag their ####ty boxes around, my truck would be rattled to death as if I put it to work hauling frac sand on lease roads. After a trip down US-69 and US-75 through Oklahoma and Texas today, half the #### in my cabinets was laying on the floor. I can set a cup of coffee on the table and drive down the road with my air ride reefer in tow. Not with JB's good ol' hardtails.

All in all, I should have just stayed home. I paid them to haul their #### this week... but it's like gambling, you think to yourself, maybe next time I pull the handle, it will pay out.

alds, Ribeye and Cat sdp Thank this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    So the $1.53 option was best.....:-/

5. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I have no doubt that the deadhead would have been cut significantly if I'd have chosen another option.

One other thing I forgot to mention is HOS. Every day was an exercise in completely burning up my 11 and 14... 39% of my driving hours wasted on non-paid miles.

So now I'm sitting on this load that was supposed to drop anytime today. Of course, there is no one at the receiver and the gate is locked. I'm going to sit on it tonight and get a good night's sleep. Then if they don't figure out what to do, I'll drop it at their terminal nearby and eat the $693 it was supposed to pay. It'll cost me about $175 to bobtail home from here.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    And you’re done either way.....

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    lilillill Thanks this.
  7. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Yep, the ice should be melted and drained out of the walls in my reefer. I've been having my wife go out and let it run at 60° every day just long enough to dry the air in the box.

It never sat long enough after I got a hole in the roof repaired last year. The insulation was a solid block of ice.

danny23tx Thanks this.
  8. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    They have me loaded over the weekend, just picked up a preloaded trailer and headed about 700 miles to NC from Arkansas. They tried to get me to keep short hauling and I refused the loads , they even paid me to deadhead after I refused. I was actually near home on my 3rd load and was gonna drop trailer and call it quits when they preplanned me for 2 loads back to back Drop and hook . Just about 2000 miles once this load is completed, that will be 7 days and with me losing a day after refusing the short haul. Deadhead was 170 to grab trailer and another 120 between 2 loads . I told them keep me moving or just route me home , looks like I'm gonna be with them for at least another week . I update next week see how that goes . No I'm not impressed either.

Cat sdp and lilillill Thank this.
  9. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I dropped the loaded trailer at the Dallas yard on Sunday. Haven't heard squat from them since. Lol.

Cat sdp and danny23tx Thank this.
  10. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Drop a Trailer in Fortworth tomorrow morning and head home , just in time for some college football. Biggest complaint is lack of preplanned loads and deadhead distances. I pulled loads that were between 12k to 35k , I would say It averaged around 20k loads . Mostly drop and hook with flexible windows, you can run hard or just kind of take it easy . Told them head me home and they did . I rejected 2 loads while I was out , they didn't ask why or complain they just offered me a better load each time . Gonna be at home for the week , I'm not sure If I will run with them again but it wasn't as bad as it could have been .

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  11. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    My trailer was getting repaired and I wanted to see what was possible at JBH . Doesn't hurt to try new things , and seeing it from a different perspective can be refreshing.

Wicked Wizard, lilillill and Cat sdp Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.