Jbrakes and cruise control

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sevyn, Dec 6, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You’re right, but sometimes you have to teach no cruising whatsoever on snow or wet roads to prevent that one driver out of 10,000 from jackknifing the equipment, or worse, killing someone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    He we go trying to teach common sense, just can't teach it. When training I agree how and what you teach a new driver depends on the driver. I use my engine brake in adverse conditions, however I also could say the opposite, because both are true, first rain Nope won't use it, worrying about ice nope not a chance. But I do agree you certainly have more control with them off, both off. But when teaching you have to teach when and where by all means.
    You know don't put your dinky where you would put your pinky, of course.

I the last storm going over I70 I pulled over and chained up before the signs tuned on, then passed like 4 trucks that had spun out, Normally I would not have done that but the old seat of the pants, had a noob with me that I was sent out to retrieve, need to teach hm how us old folks throw iron the easy way. But some things you can not teach, you have to hope they stay alive long enough to learn. First things out of his mouth was why ya doin this if the chain law ain't up yet....Just told him live, and learn... Dropped him and the rig off safe and sound in Sac... Tell in him listen to the fat lady, when you figure that out then you'll know, grasshopper. He dd get any of that, but oh well.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.