JBS orientation questions

Discussion in 'JBS Trucking' started by mrsb, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop.T07

Bishop.T07 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2014
    This is a STAY AWAY company, if he likes to Sit all DAY/DAYS and have a CAMERA in his Trucking watching him Drive then this is the company for him, for us Drivers who been on the Road for many Years this is no longer trucking this is Babysitting...they are a Company that is very Young at the trucking Industry and there Company is Run by a bunch of Preschoolers and Company that gives a Big Bonus is a sure give away to stay AWAY from, the BEST COMPANY'S DON'T GIVE BIG BONUS, if he goes with this Company his decision will Haunt him forever........AND NEW DRIVERS: STAY AWAY FROM REEFER COMPANY'S

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blake25

blake25 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Adelanto, Ca
    Im a new student otr western region attending roadmaster trucking school. I need as much advice as possible if guys can help me itll be highly appreciated.

4. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Out of all the starter companies out there JBS ( in my opinion) is the best one. I stayed with JBS for a year and moved on. The first few months with a trainer is like boot camp if you can handle it you will be good to go. Just keep a good attitude and remember you will have good days and bad ones. If you handle the bad ones with professionalism they will pass faster. the toughest thing I can remember is adapting to the lifestyle change.

5. beerslave

beerslave Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    JBS is a dangerous company to start with. They have a history of throwing drivers under the bus and damaging your record. Plus, with cams inside the truck watching you, that's just something you want to stay away from. As a new driver, you need all the help you can get, not obstacles.

6. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    make sure you look at all the negative or positive responses someone writes about a company. I was a new driver and went to JBS then after a year I left for a better place. I'm not sure why they fired beardslave but I have read a lot of stuff that she wrote and its all negative. some people just don't cut it in this business. that said I don't think any starter company is going to treat you like a valued employee. just follow the rules and keep a good attitude and you will do just fine.
    Dangerous company to start with LOL obvious beardslave has never served in the military

Dinomite Thanks this.
  7. beerslave

Jun 30, 2012
    First off, I'm a guy, not a she. Second, I've been a professional driver for over 12 years. I'm sure your 3 years has given you a wealth of knowledge, but personally, I'd rather hear from someone that's been around a bit, worked for more then 2-3 companies and knows what HE's talking about. Also, to answer your "fired" question, I was in one of their many mass layoff rounds because of where I lived.
    Now, with that said, how long ago you you work for JBS? I ask that because they were an ok company up to 15 months ago. In that time, they have laid off hundreds of drivers and half their maintenance staff while, at the same time, constantly hiring as well. A big reason for this is because of the incompetence of the operations managers. I remember when I went through orientation and Darin, the ops mgr, says "I've been here almost 3 years and myself and everyone else is still learning how to do this." Really? 3 years and you still can't figure out how to do your job?
    Anyways, JBS is now a dangerous place for several reasons. From the nanny cams to the incompetant staff, take your pick.
    Lol, can't hack it, that's funny, tell me another on rookie.

8. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    LOL nanny cams make it a dangerous place. Don't you have better things to do. Get over being fired or mass laid off already kido. I had the camera in for over 2 months and beside one occasion that it kept flashing. It has stayed on green. I'm just saying cat daddy. If it sucked for 15 months and you are still crying because you got laid off. I truly can't see what your beef is. I just had my 4th year anniversary with them and look forward to many more. JBS it's what's for dinner :)

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  9. beerslave

Jun 30, 2012
    Oh good, the cheerleader is back. Yes, the cams are dangerous to the driver as far as his driving record goes. Kinda like the guy who was eating a snack, had his tire touch the right line, was fired and had a reckless driving put on his DAC. And Dino, being laid off was one of the best things that could of happened. Rather then being caught in a rutt, passively trying to find a new company, I went and found one. As far as my "beef" goes, I'm just telling the truth so others don't waste their time and have their DAC trashed. That ok with you slick? Why don't you not worry about what I'm doing and worry about yourself.
    now quick, report this conversation as bickering so you can have the thread shut down like you do every time someone speaks out about JBS.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  10. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Dude I just came back from being banned. The admins and I don't get down like that, but will give them props on taking out unprofitable post. Yeah you have grown on me over the last few months. So I hope you stick around. Can't wait till you start crying about Holland. Which I see you already have. Not even a week into your employment, but hope it works out for you, and your attitude changes.

I've hit all kinds of rumble strips, pop holes, and camera's stays on green. I really don't know where these stories are coming from, but they are very entertaining. It just makes me feel like an awesome driver that I can eat, chew gum, talk on the phone, back into a spot without my seat belt on and never trigger a red light from the camera or a call from safety. I guess me and the rest of the fleet are pretty Super :) Really hope it works out for at your gig and you don't have to get the admin to erase your negative post after you make a comment.

Have a profitable week my friend. Maybe I'll see you on the road and we can do lunch. Peace out brotha ;)

11. beerslave

Jun 30, 2012
    Your a funny guy, you praise a bad company over and over and when someone speaks the truth about them, you attempt to attack them. Anyone that has been driving long enough knows what a company clown is, and you have one the prize. I'm not sure what you mean by "crying" about Holland. I had one issue I was discussing with other drivers but all and all, so far this is the best job I've had in years. I've gotten almost doubled the miles in 2 weeks that it took me in a month to get at JBS. Go keep on praising one of the worst companies out there and I'll keep getting my 3500 mile weeks.

Milkman719 and Dinomite Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.