JCT lease purchase data. Know before you go.

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by TAfool, May 12, 2016.

1. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Now I don't have a dog in this fight, but personally, I would never lease a truck from the same outfit I was contracted with....Way too much room to put the screws to you, if they choose too....Seen it happen way too many times over the years....As far as "reading the lease carefully", ok, but remember, the carrier has atty's that are paid big $$$ to protect the carriers interests, not yours...Chose wisely, as most fail....As far as .90 CPM being good $$$, heck, we were making that back in the mid 80's, at that time it was good $$$.....Double that amount and you might be on track considering todays inflation.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Okay enough with the Prime debate, lets go back to bashing the .90 a mile flease :cool:

jeff18, Western flyer and bsmoove Thank this.
  4. bsmoove

bsmoove Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Exactly, when I started trucking in 2005 at Central Refrigerated, I was paid 85 cents per mile plus fuel Surcharge and would run about 3500 miles or more a week on paper logs. Even back then JCT was paying just 90cents a mile so in ten years they are still paying drivers the same pay rate and I bet the weekly truck payments have increased also. I mean if you can run 3000-3500 miles a week then you can be making some decent money for that rate but by the time you pay off the truck, you will have 600-700k miles on it. Geez and no warranty

freightwipper Thanks this.
  5. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    Lol, funny

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Company offering .90 a mile to pull a reefer is a disgrace to the trucking industry, even more sorry is any driver willing to work for such a company.
    To the guy defending them, go back to grade school.. scales tickets, permits, ezpass etc don't add up to the tens of thousands of dollars you're leaving table by running soo cheap.
    I can't believe somebody actually defended
    .90 a mile, if this was posted in the O/O section of the fourm the server would crash from how badly that dude would get endless bashed!

AnotherFool and Western flyer Thank this.
  7. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Blah blah blah. All I see is "my male member is bigger than yours."

It's simple. If you don't like the company that offers 90¢/mile, don't sign with them. How dare anyone bash a person or a company of they are happy. You're not them, so you actually have NO CLUE.

8. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    Blah blah blah. Actual no one said they were happy. We should have a clue based on what former and current drivers have stated

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  9. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    This is a duplicated post from the "Running With JCT" thread. Its a simple sheet to get a good estimate on what your next check will be.
    I don't click links unless I know what they are, so in that vane, here is a pic of my "next check estimator":
    Screenshot_2016-06-27-19-52-44-1.png

As can be seen, its super easy.

In the first section, load info (green): enter a load number if desired (I enter just the last 3 digits). Enter the loaded and empty miles. Change the fsc, if needed, to the latest number. That's it.

Second section, fuel info (yellow): enter the date (if desired) and amount spent on fuel. That's it.

Second section, expenses (first red boxes): Change the fixed costs to whatever yours are (Qualcomm, insurances etc) and adjust the lease rate and maintenance to your numbers (select the $ amount boxes to change, not the description). Mine are in at .18 and .12. Enter the number of times you bought fuel. Done.

Second section, add-ons (red and green boxes): enter any charges in the red (like cash advances), credits in green (like bonus money) and number of added stops. Add a name in the white box if desired.

Third section, DEF (yellow): enter a date, if desired, and the amount. All done.

It takes less than a minute to enter it all so its quick and easy. It will only show the upcoming check amount, it won't do anything else!

My wife is always asking, "what's your next check going to be?", not "I miss you" or "are you coming home this weekend?" so I made this sharable with her so she can access it at any time. Funny, she never calls anymore....wonder what that means?.

TA

PS. Oh yeah, its two of the same thing so the following pay can be started while the current is in limbo land. Enter dates in the header so you don't mix them up!

Pps. It automatically figures either $0.93 or $0.90 based on the miles.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Reason for edit: Embiggened image
  10. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    $700-900 a week isn't worth it. Drivers do better at KLLM.

11. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Please either post your own detailed lease op data, or just move along. No need to just troll.... The OP was just sharing data, your opinion was neither wanted nor warranted. I will say this about JCT from talking to their drivers-they are one of the few l/p's that allow a driver a week off without going negative.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.