Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    $583.00 week 5 years down payment of $5,500 broke into a side note of $123.00 week for 1 year if you don't pay it upfront. You have several options to pay it off early, it can be done after 3 years if you work things right or possibly trade it in a dealership if you have equity in it but that all depends on the used truck market in 3 years, if it's like now well theres not much equity in any truck. JCT is a little different you are basically buying the truck at a high interest rate, but you can exercise the option to walk away at anytime that' why it's called a lease purchase. Depends on your financial situation if it's right for you. Right now my credit wouldn't allow me to go out and buy a new truck without $15,000 down. Also buying a used truck wasn't an option I'm not much a a wrench turner. Hopefully this info helped you.

Rich

Baack and The Challenger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kelgar50

kelgar50 Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Bakersfield,CA
    "Also buying a used truck wasn't an option I'm not much a a wrench turner."

Why is it that people think if you buy an older truck you are going to have nothing but problems with it.With the new trucks and technolgy they are having more problems with those then anything else.And so you have warranty on a new truck thats great but whats that do for you when your truck is down and it has to go to a dealer to be fixed and can't get in for a week?Wait I know what your going to say no prob because JCT has the R trucks we can use.And thats fine
    All im saying is just because it is new don't mean anything like I said the new trucks are having alot of issues.Not to mention Cummins ISX engines I know some tech that are starting to see inframes starting at 500,000-600,000 miles and up because they run so dirty do to the egr.Egr is the worst thing you could do to a diesel engine.

RightSideSlide Thanks this.
  4. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Looks like u listen to kevin rutherford a lot. U even usw exactly what he says. I agree that the isx are not reliable. I wonder y they aren't getting the dd15 in. O well they prolly got a deal on the cummins. Wonder what engine they got in the 386. The thing about old trucks is u never know what the previous drivers done to trk.

5. kelgar50

kelgar50 Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Bakersfield,CA
    I do listen to him some but I run an older truck my friends have newer (04'-09')trucks Pete's,Kw's and volvo's running both cat and cummin's engines.I have been lukcy maybe but I bought my truck with 472,282 miles on a DDEC 4 and now have 1,050,000 on the truck in the 5 years I have had it it has rarely seen the shop.Lost a bull gear @732,000 miles which took out the bottom end while in the engine I had them do an inframe that was my biggest expense and according to detroit they start having failures with the bull gears on the 60 ser. between 700,000-800,000 miles.Other than that 1 turbo and 2 alt.( I have a big stereo and fridge and things like that in the truck).rebuilt frontend at 890,000 miles and then normal wear items such as tires and belts.
    Thats all I have had to do other than normal pm's.So I don't think thats bad.My friends with the newer trucks have had all sorts of trouble's from ecm's,egr valves,turbo accuators,water pumps,very low mpg,dpf failures$$$,Cat after treatment issues $$$ granted all this stuff was for the most part covered under warranty but they all had to deal with the down time.And the ones that didn't have warranty pay the price for
    exmp. egr valve for isx buy itself no labor to install $600 and 2 of my friend have each gone thru 4 in the last 3 years.
    I can tell you why they didn't get a dd15 in the Prostar's they are only offered in Freightliners and Western StarsAnd the pete's and kw's will be getting cummin's thats all you can get in pacar for '10.Till the new paccar engine is avl sometime next year.As for international you can only get the cummins for '10 or the maxxforce internatiuonal engine.

6. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Kelgar I'm a grown 46 year old man who is not totally an idiot as you must think I am. If you don't like what JCT has spend your time more productive and start using it. Your not going to convince me that JCT is a bad deal it's not. I spent months and month looking at other options and this just worked out to be the best. The truck was not the deciding factor for me to come to JCT. They have the freight I need to deliver, They have the support system I'm looking for, They have a good reputation, They pay for things such as Reefer Fuel, Road Taxes, Ifta Taxes, Tolls, Scales, Prepass, Pike pass, Ezpass and the biggest reason for me they go to FLORIDA alot. All I'm saying your spending a huge amount of your energy worrying about JCT take a nice walk, eat a nice meal, get laid and drive a truck where ever you want. JCT is not for everyone, from what I see their not perfect but their pretty darn good.

PS. AS far as Kevin Ruterford goes after every segment he does on any subject he has a nice paid for commercial afterwards promoting what ever product he thinks is better, what a coincindience. I came from a marketing background and if someone paid for advertising well they have the GREATEST product or service ever created that was until they stopped paying the bills for me. Shoot I convinced thousands of people to buy Nutrisystem Weight Loss for 12 years via the internet and I'm a stelt 280 lbs. LOL, Did I lie to them nope i lost 45 lbs eating their food and if you asked me if I had lost weight eating it I said YES 45 lbs, I just left out the part about how much I gained back o how many of my customers were lifers. So things aren't always what they seem is all I'm saying, shoot Kevin even promotes that Turbo 3000 thnigy and we all know how well that works.

chcrow Thanks this.
  7. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Good for you Vulcan you seem pretty happy with your truck I hope it works out for you

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  8. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Hey vulcan what's ur trk number. Which one of these light blue ones r urs haha. Trying to look for the good looking guy lol. I'm in the black t600 if u still on yard.

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    I read over the posts several times, and with a lot of rereading, I think I understood BigBen as saying they let him go for a wage attachment child support payment. If this is the case,what has this got to do with John Mallory????Someone let me know if I am reading this correct. I am an old man,and it takes me longer sometimes to comprehend

:biggrin_2552::biggrin_2552:

10. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    from what bigben has told me, they wouldn't tell him anything on why they let him and 4 others go. All he knows by himself talking to the other guys is that they all had child support. I've called recruiting and john myself and they said they can't say either.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Vulcan,

I live almost an hour from you (i live in brevard) and would love to photograph your truck should have some spare time. I am glad you got the truck you wanted and know it will work out for you and your family.

I used to not touch anything that was covered in dirt, grease, and whatever you can think of. I now can do it all thanks to my mentor teaching me how. Had he not done that, I would not know anything mechanicly about trucks.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.