Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Alan just ignore Primexample he's on their drivers website trying to convince people how great Prime is. If he was right they wouldn't have 200+ trucks being returned each week. In my orientation last week there was a combined 20 years Prime experience sitting in that room and all of us formerly lease ops there who got tired of being broke. Of course he'll claim he's making $2,000 a week solo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VULCAN1999

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Yeah and at Prime you give Rob Low $149,440.00 for 3 years and he might give you back $5,000 at the end of your lease trust me I know how the end of lease completion works there. Example: If the cabinet in the sleeper has a 1/2 scratch on the bottom of a cabinet where you can't even see it unless you unbolt the cabinet they charge you $895.00 to replace it.
    If I did a 5 year lease with Prime it would cost me $242,840.00 so JCT will save you about $80,000.00 oops forgot to count the $1.00 for the truck you get to keep compared to Prime where you keep giving the truck back.

Oh did I mention the $52,000.00 in variable cost at Prime that you don't have at JCT. Wow JCT sounding like a good deal. So let me add it all up at Prime over 5 years I'll give Rob Low $297,840.00 to lease a truck from them.

66 Olznut, The Challenger and Alanp613 Thank this.
  4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Vulcan,

Very good facts comparing Prime to JCT. I just have to wonder if Primes lease trucks are company spec'd. I know JCT's are o/o spec'd.

KH

5. VULCAN1999

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Their company spec'd. I now Lease ops there that have been let go because of fuel mileage, even though they pay for it themselves. It's amazing how many Prime lease ops you meet that are THOUSANDS of dollars in the hole to Prime. They'll just keep letting you dig yourself deeper because they are still making money off you even if your in the hole. The main reason is they make about $276.00 per week off just the truck not including the $31.25 profit from the APU.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Hey vulcan where u heading next?

7. pete1983

pete1983 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2008
    alvin,tx
    i talk to jct today hopefully ill be going to work there they said it work be aug. before they could get me in i guess there alot of people that wants to work there lol

8. VULCAN1999

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    I'm in Perry FL waiting on my load. The shipper is on a shipping suspension due to a problem with the product. I'm heading to Clearfield, UT for Friday 9am delivery.

Where U at Alan?

Rich

9. walkinboss

walkinboss Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    valpo, IN
    thats screwed up why would they bring someone to tulsa then send them home most drivers know if they can pass physical. or drug screen....i would be pissed if sent home after wasting a week....maybe i read further and you guys have shed light on this....me just got back from vacation.:biggrin_25519:

10. walkinboss

walkinboss Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    valpo, IN
    but why wouldnt they check things like this out bfore they bring you there and hire you.....i dont understand.....im coming from chicago and i get sent home i will be pissed especially after quitting a job....i thought they checked everything b4 u get there.......pretty ###### doin someone that way.....really could put somone in a bind...especially if the company you quit is not hiring anymore...sorry to hear that bigben....but not too good of company to do that to people.....unless drug screen that i can see.:biggrin_25512:

RightSideSlide Thanks this.
  11. trucker112166

trucker112166 Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    citrus springs,fl
    i think there is alot more to this it almost has to be the drug testor something not child support. I leave to head to jct june 29th and i owe support and they told me that is not an issue unless i am 9 months or more behind so that is why if it is support he is behind alot more than he is saying

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.