Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkinboss

walkinboss Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    valpo, IN
    grizzly sorry to hear about your mom our prayers are with you and at least now she at peace with no suffering....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas

hey BOSS, how long have you been at JCT? what are your complaints? I am doing just as chcrow did, and leaving a job to start with JCT....latest posts here have me second guessing my choice

4. ddainiuss

ddainiuss Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2009
    orlando, fl
    I have T600 with apu, shift 1200-1300 rpm, drive 63. Must be something wrong with it - can't get more than 6.2 mpg

5. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you or the fact that u would wanna stay a few more weeks to go on reg board. Like we've said before its not for everyone. There is the same issue for every trucking company out there its not just JCT. I understand you want to log legal, including ur pickup and dropoffs. Its kinda hard when produce houses take forever to load. I'm not gonna say much more just good luck on watever you do next

6. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Yea have your charge air cooler checked out. If no leaks check the fuel rail pressure. Then if everything checks normal check injectors. Plus where you fuel at?

7. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    If I remeber right walkinboss isn't working with us yet. What kind of worries you got????

8. herkyboy

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    No real worries except that I am leaving a solid job for the "unknown" You know the usual worries! I have labored over the decision to make the change for a while now, and feel as if I have made the right choice, but just getting the jitters. I have had only 5 jobs in my adult life, so changing jobs is honestly a new thing to me. I like stability! I am not opposed to being creative, or running a bit harder while proving myself while on the rookie board. That is bound to happen at most places you go anymore. It just sounds as if CHCROW got it from the wrong person at the wrong time. It is a shame that it did not work out for him. His earlier posts showed him to be excited about JCT, but with the break down right out of the box, and the other crap, I guess he felt he could no longer do it. Everyone has a breaking point, and no one knows it but themselves, so I am certainly not going to second guess the man. I will, however, wish him all the best.

Thanks alan. I look forward to meeting up with you one day. I'll buy the first cup of coffee!

9. trucker112166

trucker112166 Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    citrus springs,fl
    when are you heading to JCT ? iwill be there monday i have the same jitters leaving a secure job to go lease a truck

10. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    I hear your concern. Yes everywhere you go they push you hard at the beginning then it normals out. I average 3400 a week. once in a while i'll get that over 4000 week. At 3400 i still make a great living, and don't have to be That creative lol. Yea you will most likely be on keith's board when you get out of orientation, he's the rookie board DM. My advice is deliver the loads he gives you ontime and not complain and those few weeks will just blaze by and you won't have to talk to you any except for the qualcomm. :) I hope you can suceed when you start with us, I was dissappointed that chcrow didn't make it but like we've said before it's not for everyone. Don't know if you have any owner op experience or running a business before, that will be a plus. It will be alot different than running for a company. Gotta decide when to take your hometime, how long of a hometime you want, gather all your expenses both personal ones and the ones for the truck then you will know how many miles you'll need to clear a week and stuff along those lines. Anyways, have you applied yet?? If so when do you start??? It'd be great to meet up too after you start. I'm meeting up with vulcan in a few at limon, co :) Anyways, peace

Iceman1088 Thanks this.
  11. herkyboy

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    starting on july 6. already hauled my last load for current company, and going to log some miles on my harley before going to sapulpa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.