Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    Too late for me to second guess anymore! Turned in the truck Thursday evening, and they were not too happy about me leaving. Even tho I gave a 2 week notice, they were still bitter. Too bad they did not show that much interest in keeping me while I was there! They must have thought the 2 weeks was a "ploy" on my part. Going to log some miles on the scooter, and get some honey do's out of the way before heading to Sapulpa next Sunday (5 july) See most of you guys soon!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    herkyboy,

it is a shame some employers think that way. Did your former employer use DAC?

KH

4. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC

LMB is on a well deserved 3 week vacation. Please leave your name , number, and a short message, and he will get back to you as soon as possible.

5. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    Not sure if they used DAC or not, so that is why I took the high road and gave them, and completed, a 2 week notice. I even took an extra trip to ensure that I did not leave any hard feelings, Don't want to burn a bridge may have to someday cross back over. I personally think the DAC is too biased, and companies that rely on it need to look at the whole story from both sides and realize the truth lies somewhere in the middle!

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I have worked for companies that black list you if you do not work your two weeks. And those are not truck driving jobs. Did you write a letter thanking them for your employment? To me this better than doing the survey as you are writing about your experience.

KH

7. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Kinghunter I always enjoy your post and am glad that you are on this site, for you do alot more than I to improve it, but you are 22 how many companies have blacklisted you? As far as I know I have neverbeen blacklisted, but it could happen now for all I know. Sorry; to the point, how many companies have you worked for? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  8. myangel

myangel Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    philadelphia
    hey i have a question i just had a roll over is there any companys u might think that will hire me right now because every one that i talk to said 3 years

9. ibcalm1

ibcalm1 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia,PA
    It will be very hard to find one to hire you because of that roll over. I had one in January 08 to avoid a head on with a truck coming in my lane. I was not charged with it and praise God was not injured not a scratch I was carrying very large pipe and the truck rolled with it and back on all fours.I had a witness told dot what happened that truck came in my lane. Dot wrote me a log violation was fired by my company. Now I was out of work for two months looking for a job while fighting this log violation and talking to safety guy at my old company about this log violation(11 hr rule he said over by .45 wrong). I fought and the judge threw it out. the reason Im telling you this is because on my driving record there is no evidence of that accident because it was thrown out so Arizona had Pa remove it from my record so that really helped.
    Now on my dac record it mentions I had a accident but not a roll over the safety guy I stayed in contact with use to be a driver and really helped me. The only way a company will find out is to send in for it and I dont hide the accident but it was a roll over of pipe truck was upright. I did go back to work with them in September 08. I did leave for a better job. I tell you all this to tell you how I went about it , I dont know your circumstances of your roll over. Your dac report and driving record is two different matters. Get a copy of both and look and see what is on them
    You more likely need to run with a local company and I wouldnt recommend saying you had a rollover you had an accident dont give more than you have to. All trucking companies know the game they play with dac reports. My Safety manager asked me about my accident when she got the report back because some one in HR sent to her (not my old safety manager) and it was a roll over of pipe. All is well still rolling I hope it works out for you. Its the insurance companies running the show. Apply to everbody local and otr and leave the rollover out you had an accident.

RightSideSlide and Drive-a-Mack Thank this.
  10. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Hey Varment how you doing is Prime missing me since I have "My New Career" here at JCT. I figure Prime has went down hill bad since I left.

11. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Vulcan was you keeping them afloat LOL. You are in a way better place now!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.