Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    Hey all you new guys...how was day 1. We have heard/read all about the rat trap hotel, but what about JCT itself. Hang in there for the hotel. You live in a truck, for cryin' out loud! You should be able to handle any hell hole for 4 days! From some of the countries I have lived in/ visited, the hotel should be no problem. Just remeber...it's only 4 days!!!
    What was the schedule of events today, and what is on tap for tomorrow?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    LOL I never said I was enjoying my routine. I owned a small business for 5 years , so I am familiar with the business side of things. I think the itch to be otr is pulling me, and if I do it; L/P would be the way to go IMO.

4. trucker112166

trucker112166 Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    citrus springs,fl
    well my first and my last day at JCT is over i and my buddy was let go they said that we cut off a car while making a turn. o well will try another i am not going to sit here and bash JCT cause i beleive everything happens for a reason

5. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Yes I agree. Economy still sucks and I've seen a lot of owner ops out there just sitting at truck stops for several days not able to find a load. At least with JCT they are keeping the freight to driver ratio pretty high still so you hardly sit waiting on a load.

6. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    And you still have more control than the company drivers do.

7. KyVarment

KyVarment Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2009
    KY
    All I can say is I'm glad I ain't leasing with them right now, I don't see how any lease op here is making it here. I gotta stick it out a year to pay for my training/retraining then I will probably go somewhere else and lease. I'm tryin to get on the flatbed side now hopefully that will be good for me for the remainder of the year. Refer side should be hoppin now but it ain't, as a team we're lucky to get one good run a week and it will have some major time on it. we might have 2500 miles for last week, that's just downright pathetic.

Anyway go run your arse off, put some miles in for me while your at it.

have fun old man

8. chcrow

chcrow Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Sullivan,Mo
    Well, at least you know why they let you go. 4 guys a couple of weeks ago, said they did not tell them why they were sent home. Best of luck to you.

9. jeffbassell

jeffbassell Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Was it a hard road test? Will u be able to get ur old job back down here in Florida? They must be getting real picky. I've never heard a company sending someone home over a road test. Man I learn something new everyday. :biggrin_25512:

10. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Sorry to hear that you got sent home trucker, they did say cutting off a car would get ya a ticket home when we did our road test or if you did any other major safety violation. I think they do this because of insurance reasons. I know each of us on our test sat and waited a good long time for cars to clear.

walkinboss Thanks this.
  11. walkinboss

walkinboss Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    valpo, IN
    wow you failed the road test bummers....well good look to you guys at least they told you why you had to leave some guys still dont know....good info....i go end of july to get started just cant make your own way out i guess wait for traffic
    :biggrin_2554:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.