Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    It is quite apparent by many of the posts how they are running.:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Technically you can log 4500 a week legally. We hardly have consistent 4500 mile weeks. So yea its very possible that JCT drivers run legal.

walkinboss Thanks this.
  4. walkinboss

walkinboss Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    valpo, IN
    why yes alan you can run legal drivers need to learn keep the left door closed :biggrin_25511:

5. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Newark Valley, New York
    Walkinboss; How much Night Driving do you have to do?? Is there usually enough time on your dispatches you could avoid driving at night?? Was thinking about contacting JCT, but don't see all that well at night anymore, and just figured that would be a problem. What do you think??

6. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Newark Valley, New York
    Any JCT driver have any thoughts on the previous post??

7. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    There will be times where you'll have to drive at night. Not often but most the customers open up in the early hours of the day or late at night. Hardly in the middle of the day. That's just how refridgerated freight runs. Load during the day and del at nights or early morning. Most loads are dispatched where there are plenty of time to drive most the miles during the day. Once in a blue moon you might have a hot load or need ur help on a load that another driver can't del for some reason then you might have to drive all night.

walkinboss Thanks this.
  8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    In a perfect world, maybe.

However, with construction delays, fueling that takes more than 15 minutes on average. Sometimes you have to wait in line.

I rarely averaged driving every day for 10 hours. Dock times, fueling, realistic pre and post trips. My stops are usually only for about 15 minutes for every 5 hours of driving. Only eat after the truck is parked. So, I am well aware how to make miles and my truck is not neutered for speed.

You can look at it from different ways. Hindsight on logs is good, but not always believable.

9. trucker112166

trucker112166 Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    citrus springs,fl
    why does no one beleive that JCT drivers can get good miles and log them legal
    i do not drive for them but the company i drive for gives me about 3500 miles every week and i have no problems doing it legal do i get delayed some times yes but still have plenty of hours left to log it

10. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    You ever see the time spent at the docks with the reefers?

I have sat at docks for as long as 5 hours in a day. Hard to drive 11 hours when that happens.

11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I've heard that phrase "keep the left door closed" often enough now to realize where all those piss bottles are coming from. :biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.