Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    They aren't doing anything special. Some of them get sent home cuz they either can't pass the road test or the physical or the drug test. If you made it thru orientation then that first few weeks they will run you harder than usual to see if you can handle their freight. If you can survive without ######## about them running you too hard then you'd do just fine with JCT. Just remember to keep that communication with the company up. When you get dispatched you should know if you'll be able to make a load ontime or not. If you have worries that it might be late that would be the time to give your DM a heads up so he/she can start planning a repower for you. Also if your low on hours tell your DM in advance before you get empty so he doesn't preplan you for the next load. Same with if you need to get your truck worked on. COMMUNICATION is key to sucess here well plus keeping your left door closed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Well, back off my three week vacation. Picked up a load in Lewiston,NC to Lawton, OK. Unloaded, and dropped my MT in Elk City,OK, and bobtailed to Amarillo to pick up a Tyson to Tacoma,WA. Unload 3 am Sunday morn, and dead head to Waulla for a drop and hook to OK city Tuesday morn. Not bad, 5600 miles in 5 days. Got some work done on the truck while I was off, and increased my mpg up to 6.8 w/79,090 gross to Tacoma running 68 mph till I got to Oregon. Not bad for a XL Classic wind blocker. That's paper mpg not qualcom

4. Keendriver

Keendriver Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    These solo miles?

5. truckin4alivin

truckin4alivin Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2009
    MN
    No LMB runs team

6. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC

10/4...........

7. lchtaho

lchtaho Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I just finished my 1st run after orientation. Do I count the hours I sat at orientation on the logs or do just start fresh from the day I left? If I have to count the orientation hours of 40 hours after this run to CA, I am already out of hours.

8. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    That is your call. If you want to count all of the orientation time as on duty, not driving, yes you are out of hours. If you were to start over on Thursday, ......

What truck did you get? What selection did they have? Where was your first load?

I was in the class before you, and I ended up with a '07 W900. The selection was: 3 internationals, 1 T600 and the W900. First load was to California. They asked if I needed to go by the house first, and I chose no! They said to bring enough stuff for 2 weeks, and I made sure I had enough for 4 weeks! Remember, your first payment is not due for 4 weeks. I Plan on running like crazy for that time, bank the truck payment, and then settle in.

Lets try and hook up sometime. I am in truck L1894E. Charcoal grey W900. I am sitting in Kingman, AZ right now, heading for Buena Park to unload at 5 AM, then off to ???????

Be careful...

9. lchtaho

lchtaho Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks, man. I got a 07 peterbilt not my first choice. They had 9 in class- pick from internat'l, peterbilt and 1 W900. I am sitting in Tulare, until tomorrow. My truck #L1774F. I am also planning to run hard for now. Then head home after that- Wilkes Barre, PA.
    Drive Safe, too

10. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Hey bigbuddha. Haven't seen you post for awhile now. It was nice meeting ya over in Salinas the other day. Ya make it to memphis yet? I've been slacking on mine lol don't gotta b in houston til 9 wednesday. Anyways be safe and keep that left door closed

11. bigorangefan9999

bigorangefan9999 Light Load Member

May 27, 2007
    LMB have you done any aftermarket products to your truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.