Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas

BRAVO!!!! VERY WELL SAID!

I have been here since the 6th of JUly, and absolutley LOVE it. As with any company, you will have your dislikes, but it sure seems as if the are VERY few and far between, and nothing to really even worry about, or remember. A GREAT company, and GREAT people who are willing to do whatever it takes to help out. My very first week they found out I am a team player by asking me to repower not only 1 but 2 seperate loads to help other drivers get home. No problems. I may have missed out on a few miles, but in the long run, it will benifit me as long as I am willing to help them. Remember to ALWAYS stay on the good side of your dispatcher! If they ask you to do it...do it! If they ask you why...explain it to them with courtesy, not with an attitude.

You folks who wonder "why me", need to look at yourself and not JCT. It is not a "requirement" on their part to give you a job! Funny thing is though, everyone who wants to put down the company, keeps trying to get on here! If you want to bad mouth them, go somewhere else! You wouldn't like it here anyway. Most of the drivers here have a positive attitude, so you would be left out in the field with no one but yourself to talk to! No one wants to listen to you b$$$h and complain!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    All these bashers just jealous they aren't qualified to work for a GREAT company so they start a rant hoping they can get some attention from someone showing pity for them. Like littleprincess. I've read the post over and over and still got the hint that because JCT didn't hire her it must be a bad company so she starts some misinfo about lawsuits and comparing us to Stevens Transport which she calls Stevens Trucking which is a household moving carrier. O well glad to here most of yall are doing great out there. Vulcan, herkyboy, etc.

As far as the repowering to help others or the comp out. I always think do to others what u want done to you. If u start denying to help just cuz u don't want it then don't complain when no one wants to repower you. Keep up the good work herkyboy.

4. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    I don't want to bring up negative things, but did anyone ever find out why the 4 guys were sent home a few weeks ago? It concerns me a little. I hate to quit my job, that I don't hate, and get sent home from a job that I'm trying to better myself at for no reason.

I wonder if your evening free time is monitored? Not that I would care, a big night to me is when I'm at home and get to watch TLC. : )

5. excelguy22

excelguy22 Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    Wow.. I think I am the only person to post on ehre that did not get a reply saying welcome to the family.... :-(

6. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    From what I heard it was them failing the drug test and the driving test. When you do the turns make sure you get in the correct lane. Also when you pull out make sure there are absolutely no cars around. Patience is the answer here. Don't worry about what others think about waiting too long.

What evening time off you talking about? You mean when u stop for ur ten hour break. If that's it then no they don't monitor u.

We're sorry. Might have missed it. Welcome to the JCT family. When do u start?

7. excelguy22

Nov 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    alan... orientation is set for oct. 12th... i am hoping to get in sooner.

8. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Hmm I haven't heard anyone going in for aug or sept. Wonder if they are slowing down the hiring. I know they were short on trks the past few weeks so they were pushed to giving out new trks.

9. excelguy22

Nov 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    i currently drive a 2008volvo 730... it has the cummins isx450 in her. i would like to try and get a prostar if possible

10. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    They've got no storage space in them. But I hear some are getting good fuel mileage outta them too.

11. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    I was referring to orientation when I talked about the evening free time.

But you get nights off too?? How about weekends?? LOL

I'm not worried about the driving part, I do it everyday. The patience part is a different story. I will pretend for 4 days ; )
    The shifting? Well I've been in an auto shift for the last year and 1/2, hope it doesn't kick my butt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.