Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    Is the driver required to chain up during the winter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    JCT advertises they pay fuel surcharge on loaded and empty miles. Is this true? Are the miles paid on practical miles or short miles? What is the Fuel surcharge at JCT this week?

4. Solitaire

Solitaire Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Pocahontas, AR
    My goodness! ! Gone busy for a little while and whew!! No, I've only chained once and I actually paid the chainers to do it for me when I got too far up Donner to go bacv]k. I've also sat 2 days in Oregon because chain law was up and no chainers available. I personally do not chain. I froze my hands 15 years ago and won't risk tearing them up any further. As to fuel surcharge, it's paid on loaded and empty miles and due to the low cost of fuel, this week it is 12 cents per mile. Please don't let derogatory complaints discourage you from checking out JCT. I've been driving 20 years and a lease operator for 10 years; and if you are interested in leasing for a good, honest company, this is the one to choose. Keep a good attitude and everything will fall into place.

knighton5 Thanks this.
  5. Solitaire

Solitaire Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Pocahontas, AR
    I'm solo and I go home whenever I feel like it. Don't let anyone else influence your decision. LMB is correct in his opinion and runs the same way I do. I've been here almost 4 years now and have run continuously while finishing my girl's college. Now that I once again have a life, I run about 3500 miles a week, go past the house whenever possible, and go home for a week every 4-6 weeks. I make a good living here and am very happy.

andrew5184 and knighton5 Thank this.
  6. truckerim2055

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    I heard that if you dont chain up and the load becomes late you will get a service faliure. Is this true.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Pocahontas, AR
    LMB please don't drop this site. I'm looking forward to meeting you both some day at the yard. Don't let other people manipulate your actions. You occupy a special spot here as author. See Yah soon maybe.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  8. Solitaire

Solitaire Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Pocahontas, AR
    I didn't. As long as you work with your Dm. Don't leave them hanging. I've never been asked to run when conditions were more dangerous than I felt comfortable with, but then I run up until the roads demand chains. I don't mind running on a little ice but when I think my life or the vehicle are endangered, I pull over.

9. truckerim2055

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    Are you allowed to put accessories on the truck or do you have to wait til the truck is paid for.

10. truckerim2055

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    What is the min. Maintaince fund. What is the cost of the health insurance.

11. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    As far as I am concerned LMB, and I think most of the posters here your posts are all informative and objective. It is posts like this:

That IMHO have started the semi flame wars, no one directly attacked or was directly rude to Ms. JCT but she seems to be extremely defensive when asked anything. Its either 100% 7/24 4000 mile weeks no breaks, all <3 JCT or you are her # 1 enemy in life or something. If anyone owes anyone an apology its her to you, and several other posters to this forum.

I for one have found LMB's post about 20000000x more useful and objective, and I implore you, nay I demand you continue posting because your objective and intelligent posting reflects far better on JCT then mad rambling and demands for no hometime and 4000 miles a week. Which by the way, I still don't think is possibly on a every week basis legally.

If you like JCT LMB please help us interested in recieving objective information rather then have JCT FOR LIFE shoved down our throats! Please! This thread is chocked full of such great information provided by you it would be a crying shame for you to run off now!

I will give you kittens if you come back. Or if you don't like kittens... I will not give you kittens if you come back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.