Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Sitting here in Chester NY waiting to get unloaded.Thanks, will let you know if I have ????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otrtruckerscott

otrtruckerscott Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Campo, CA
    The good thing about running teams for your situation is you should be able to run slow and still make ontime delivery. that'll be the only way you'll get good mileage in a classic with a CAT motor. I'd keep it no faster than 62 even if you have to split a gear to keep it in the sweet spot. If you can get 6.5 mpg you should be alright (that's using the pen and paper way of figuring, those qcomms and dash mounted mpg guages are notoriously inaccurate)

Remember, it's not how many miles you run a month, but how much you put in your pocket per mile. if you can only pay you and your wife .05 each per mile...you will never see home again.

Good luck!!

4. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    LMB, Really enjoying your post's Thank's for keeping us updated.:biggrin_25514:
    As far as your payment of $825 what does that include...Insurance ETC....? Does one load a Week cover your Expense's ?? and the other loads money in the bank for the week??

5. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Does anyone Know what Percentage of JCT drivers actualy complete the lease program and end up owning their truck

6. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    $825.00 takes careof all fixed costs. If we run 5500 miles a week we will net $2800.00 a week. The last place we worked, we were running on the average 6400 miles a week and spent a day and a half at home. No money though.
    As far as anyone paying off a lease at JCT there have been a few. Most of the long term drivers get 500K on thier truck and trade it for a new one.
    Bad news,,,we had an OS&D on 132 cases of tomatoes, one case was damaged, they refused 1 skid. Had to take it to BROOKLYN (ouch) to get rid of it. I hate the borroughs. Good part it was a 5 am delivery, so we got in and out. Picked up a load of beef in Allentown PA for Charleston WV first stop then to Tulsa second stop.....Up Up and Away:biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525:

The Challenger and socal Thank this.
  7. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    LMB keep your posts ongoing, very informitive... I thought about running solo with JCT a few years ago but never made the big jump!!! Good Luck and DRIVE SAFE

8. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    CHOMPI , can you compare JCT and PRIME? In your opinion, which is better (freight) and lease? I know they broker and have a walk a way lease, but overall do you know? THX

9. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    I never worked for prime, only JCT. As for leasing right now freight is slowing and companies arent doing much hiring, I wouldn't dare lease a truck and have to try to make a payment when the large companies are struggling themselves. I would drive company for awhile until the trucking world straightens out. Also, lesson I learned, never lease with a company without first running as a company driver first. That way if things don't work out you will have known it before leasing your own truck. Don't let anyone fool you leasing is very expensive and you must stay on the road for months at a time to make money. As for JCT we left because we werent getting any miles. The run you hard at first to build up your maintenance account and then it drops off from there.

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    First NET settlement $2600.00. Second check should net out to $3800.00

11. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Is your net after you have subtracted self employment taxes and maintainance account? I will assume fuel, insurances, and truck payment were already accounted for.

My point, even if all other expenses are accounted for, but you have not deducted enough each week for self employment taxes, you will be in a world of hurt come April 15th.

I wish you success.

vonbones167 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.