Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    I have just gotten off the phone with Ryan at ATBS. What a call it was! When I hired on with JCT in July, I decided to sign on with ATBS. It sounded like a great deal, all your book keeping, etc.... and the preparation of your tax return as well as that of your spouse. All for the sum of $18.00 per week. It will free up your time as far as not having to keep up with any of the receipts, etc. Just put everything in an envelope and let the "pro's" take care of it!

For the first 3 months, I sent in the receipts, and was doing everything I was required to do. I waited for a profit/loss statement, and waited, and waited. Then, I waited some more! Then even more. I traded out of my first truck in October and asked Laura if she knew why I was not receiving anything from ATBS. She called them, and Ryan acted like he did not even know ANYTHING about me! Apparently, they had not been downloading my info from JCT, and did not know why they were getting receipts from me! Then why did Ryan send me the initial package (grey envelope with all materials) and call me once? That is all I got for my 1st 3 months...1 phone call and a package of envelopes.

Now tax time is here, and I had filled out the VERY LENGTHY tax preperation package they mailed out, and sent it in. I have received 4 phone calls from people in the company to "verify" information. This is info I had filled out on the forms! One who must have been a high school girl, who giggled the whole time, and one person who barely had a command of the english language. I honestly felt as if I were talking to a person from a foreign country to ask me questions about EVERYTHING I had taken the time to fill out on the forms they sent.

Did I mention that I had been paying for 13 weeks with nothing in return from them?

Than I got a call from Ryan stating that I had to pay a $120.00 tax preperation fee! I thought it was all included! So, I called Ryan, but he was out of the office for the day (on Friday during TAX SEASON!!!) and told him I really felt he should waive the $120.00 fee since I had paid him for 13 weeks with no results from them.

He called back on Tuesday the next week and agreed that he would waive the fee for the reasons I stated. Okay. Now I feel a bit better, but I am going to cancel the service. I am just not happy with it.

Today, I got a call from Ryan asking "what the hell are you doing? Getting me to waive the tax prep fee and then cancelling the service. I am sorry I did waive the fee, and had I known you were going to cancel, I would never have done that". I was actually being yelled at for deciding to discontinue using them! If I am dis satisfied with AT&T, or Dish Network, and cancel service with them am I to expect a call from them yelling at me for stopping? You have got to be kidding me!!! He actually wanted me to pay the $120.00 now!!! Okay, I will, BUT I want a refund of the fees that I paid for 13 weeks with nothing to show for it! "Well, I guess I will just keep the waiver of the tax prep fees".

Good choice, Ryan, good choice. I did tell him I was going to let A LOT of people know how I was treated, and he siad he did not believe I would do so. WRONG!!! So here it is!

ATBS is not what I thought it was going to be when I signed up, so I cancelled it. No problem. Or so I thought. I am actually happy that I made the choice to cancel, but to each their own....

JARBO, sorry it's long, but I will get you 2 pieces of pie to make up for it! Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with your truck. Did you look into trying to recover something from the first dealership pertaining to your lost income?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    tomorrow it is! they said they want to give it a good road test so i don't have the same thing happen. so its one more nite at the good ol TTT for me tonight......:biggrin_25513:

4. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

SNIPPETT:
    We are signed up with ATBS as well and though we also feel some of the information they gave us was over simplified so far we haven't run into a problem as quite distasteful as you did, Herky. I did have to contact Ryan when we did not get our first P&L... so someone is not doing their job in the line, but I don't know who. I had him add me to the email list for the P&Ls in case Randy did not get his. I keep on top of it... I'm more of the "dog it" type than Randy... but then again he never worked in accounting...;)

I knew there was an additional fee for the taxes, so that must have been somewhere in the paperwork... I'd have to pull it all out. Honestly... with the schedules the drivers keep I don't know how you guys keep up with it all that don't have a spouse or mate helping you out. Randy does some of the paperwork, though I am the checks and balances... the spreadsheet keeper, bill payer, etc. He really hates to have to follow up on things... he is too trusting... LOL... not me... especially when it comes to our money! This is your livelihood... your business.

We had our first J1 inspection done... a PM, the brakes needed work, two steer tires, clutch pedal adjusted, air hose, alignment checked, but it was the steer tires causing the vibration that just started, and a couple of lights replaced. All but the brakes was anticipated. It sounds like alot, but hey that is what the maintenance fund is for... to keep the truck running at tip top shape. So many think that the maintenance fund is a "savings" fund, it is an operating fund for maintenance. I expect it to go up and down... and up and down.

I'm posting our experiences not as a rebuttal to anyone elses... just our experience so far with the company, shop, ATBS, etc. I'll certainly let you know if we have a negative experience!:biggrin_255:

p.s. there is one less " faux Big Yeller" on the road today... Jim traded his Yellow Pete in for a Cascadia. I asked him if people called him Big Yeller or Dabs... and he said yeahhhhh. I explained why...LOL!

mustang970 Thanks this.
  5. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

OK... I've racked my brain... what is the TTT?:biggrin_2558:

TIA!
    (Thanks in Advance)

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

been wondering the that TTT is myself.

7. tim33595

tim33595 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    clearville pa
    it the tripple t truckstop

8. tim33595

tim33595 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    clearville pa
    sorry it the tucson truck terminal it been around forever

9. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    the Triple T truckstop in Tucson Az, did you miss smokey and the bandit??????:biggrin_25524:

10. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    The triple t was in smokey and the bandit? The went from Atlanta to Texarkana?

11. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.

It's a trucker's pig out palace.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.