Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Trey,

You can pick my brain anytime. As for advice for a wannabe like you. Go out and get your permits prior to going to school. Also put in apps to the bigger companies and get your prehires. Finally, at the school volunteer to do everything that they need help with. This will show you are determined and may get you more driving time.

KH

dabs Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brewbully

brewbully Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tahlequah,Ok
    hey jarbo thanks for the info my company now is gettin bad and i dont want to make wrong decision im going thru a divorce and i need to pull about 850 a wk on a consitent level after all expenses and taxes r takin out

4. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    I'm trying a new outlook. "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" If it won't effect me in one year then it's not big problem and not worth getting upset over.

5. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    80 hrs a week at Mcdonalds flipping burgers and you'll be home every night with the family to make $850 bring home, that's about what you'll work as a truck driver out here if you include all the downtime, loading, unloading, driving and fueling the truck. #### I've convinced myself to start practicing "Would you like fries with that?"

Jarbo Thanks this.
  6. GrizzlyMan

GrizzlyMan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Graham, WA
    I'm making good money. My last time home, I took 8 days off. I'm still easily paying all my bills and buy more toys than I should. I also pay a pretty penny in child support. I'm closing in on having been here for two years and don't plan on going anywhere. Olznut has seen my paychecks and knows how badly I throw away money. And I have plenty to throw away!

dabs Thanks this.
  7. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

LMB: We also slept in Barstow and are headed up I-15 so we just squeaked by each other! :biggrin_2552:

Vette: We are headed up to I-80... we are going through Vegas now so you must be ahead of us. When do you drop?

Alan: Another question which is relatively simple, but thought other newbies would benefit... when going to Blue Beacon to wash the trailer and truck so far we have paid separately for the truck with cash. Are there other options?

Big Yeller Bird got washed this morning along with the trailer so she is all shiny and sparkles... love it! (I get more excited about this than the hubby... LOL) AND she has new amber reflector lug nuts on the steers... my selection! I wanted green to match the green stripe, but haven't seen them lately... and the amber does match the amber lights. Got to get them for the drives next.

I did tell you I mud bog raced... briefly... many years ago? Previous hubby... they let the wives "play".

I got more 1st and 2nd place trophies than he did.:biggrin_255:

Jarbo, Vette1967 and fr8tshkr Thank this.
  8. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

He may have bought someone else breakfast... sigh... we stopped and slept in Barstow and are heaed in the wrong direction... and here I worked so hard in the kitchen making him an apple pie... lol.

Ohhhh... not as good as YOUR apple pie, Jarbo....:biggrin_255:

Jarbo Thanks this.
  9. fr8tshkr

fr8tshkr Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    hey aple pie gang ! just sitting here getting my restart in beautiful(and lets not forget,,,exciting) witchita falls TX,, yeayyy, wanted restart,,well im getting it! god,, i forgot how long 34 hours can b.,,,after last week im set and jonesen to run baby! got a call from paroll this am,,seems i left a stop off the face of my trip sheet,,,wow!,heartless(ahem),,,heartland would never have botherd and i would have been short 987 mls! really likin this place,,now if i can just get a load outta here around 6am! at the j btw stop in and ill buy

10. fr8tshkr

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    good question on the wash any one got an answer?

11. fr8tshkr

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    ok,,just got my load assgnmnt,,p/u in amarillo and head to lareado!,,havnt been there since my cr england days of old! assume it is still slow down there!lol,,but at least now i know that saying no to a run if i need to doesnt mean i will b sittiing somewhere for days like i used to!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.