Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Nope. Never heard of him. Got any info about him? I'm kinda using ATBS on a trial basis. I have an uncle that works for a tax firm in Memphis that usually does all my number punching for me. We decided to give ATBS a shot and see what they know and what they can do. Since they are supposed to be professionals in the trucking industry lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Yea I use excel. I use turbotax to file my taxes. Also I hear that they penalize u for not paying quarterly taxes, so far its not the case for me the past 6 yrs. I just wait til end of year and file everything.

Those of yall having tax questions I'll try to email ya or meet up somewhere and talk over it. :)

4. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

We are suppose to get a call today to let us know about our 2009 taxes. We were told they didn't get them in in time so they are filing an extension.... we got them in on time. We were told that the cost would be more... $350.00 because there was more paperwork than they expected. At the time we said Ok and paid, but after the many phone calls I have concluded that they have not done anything much above and beyond normal. They did NOT do our last qtr 2009 tax estimate... they called repeatedly for info they have sitting there in a stack, "they don't listen when I say I can't look that receipt up... you have them all." Then on Saturday... after the fourth call about the SAME thing... I was told when asked when can I expect to know what the tax estimate will be for 2009 so I can pay it online before Thursday, I am told that I "MAY" get a call this week... or not! Uh?!

Let me just state here... we do not own a home, have no extra deductions, nothing, nadda... straight and simple.

I am assuming we owe and sure would like to know what exactly... before the deadline. If they do not tell us until after the 15th I am assuming they plan on paying all the late fees. I was also told that a small number would not get done this week from both the associate and a tax dept. manager. I sure hope those that don't get done are ones that are getting money back.

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  5. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Alan... do you have a blank spreadsheet with the set up you use for recording your expenses? that would help me a lot in figuring out how to set it up. Email me please # dabs@artbydabs.com

I'll add in Randy can set this up easily for me (got to give him credit!)... just want to see how someone else is doing it!

6. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Oh my!!! I think I may be in trouble!!! I got a pre plan (Olathe, KS to Mira Loma, CA). Apparently my qualcom has been off and my DM sent 5 of the same pre plans to me lol anyways, he decides to call. During our chat, he tells me that I can jump on I-80 from KC and take it to CA. I said "Ummm... unless the DOT changed the interstate #'s since last night, I-80 does not run thru KC". He tries to convince me that I-80 runs thru KC!!! WTF?? Is this seriously what I get to work with?? Needless to say, I hung up on him.

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  7. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Hmmm dont hold your breath on them paying any late penalties lol

dabs Thanks this.
  8. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Ahhh....:biggrin_2556: give that DM more coffee!!!

Maybe it is Tax Season Fever. It is affecting everyone... LOL.

Unloaded... got to move out, heading for the J me thinks.

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  9. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    dabs

I don't really have a set layout that I do. Yes its a blank spreadsheet with different categories where I enter the receipts each month. I've been slacking on keeping up with it lol. Basically JCT does all that for u each year. U know that sheet that they send with ur 1099 with ur income and expenses. Mine is similar to that. When I get some free time I'll work one up and email it to ya :)

dabs and fr8tshkr Thank this.
  10. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Honey... I won't hold my breath... I'll take legal action.

I would tend to think that if they are remiss in getting people the info needed to file on time, especially if you owe that they would not be in business for long. In any case most likely we will not be using their services much longer.

Alan... NP... Randy can work it up for me... NP! Thanks!:biggrin_255:

11. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Alanp613 Now on to a more serious note.... surely the people that own that factory realize the abbreviation that they have on the wall?? LOL But after looking closer at that pic, I noticed the mile marker... you musta been traveling at a high rate of fuel consumption to blow that sign over LMAO!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.