Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    Just got a major kick in the pants.
    Had this whole master plan worked out in my head.
    Basically want to make the jump to JCT. I have done the research, and have the skills, desire, and ambition to succeed. But had overlooked one thing, and just found it out.
    I have to remain where I am at for another 11 months, due to medical insurance.
    But next April, I'm good to move. With that the wife has been looking at moving back to here home city, which is good as puts her back near her family, where we are now, it is just us and friends we made. But for me on the road and her with no support group, kinda would be easier for her to be back home, and for me, I can live anywhere. Here in lies the whole kink in my master plan.
    I just looked at the JCT new website, and now realize that Laredo Tx is outside the hiring area. What a let down. I know that JCT goes down there and loads out of there.
    That's a bummer, maybe when I am ready to go all in, that will change, but was really upbeat, till I seen that today.
    Heck on FB just read a JCT driver picking up a load from Chicago to Laredo, couple weeks ago 2 hands were in Laredo, loaded bottles out to Ca.
    I can see if they didn't go there or weren't able to load out of there.
    I guess I am going to call Monday just to inquire.
    If this is truly the case, will take me a year any how to just figure out a plan B.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Don't think so... just busy running!:biggrin_25519:

We're on a produce load... 2 pick ups... was three... but too much in the first pick up so not enough room for the third... which was fine by us! Done with the picks and headed to IL to drop on Wednesday.

Stopped briefly in Fernley to fuel and wash the truck. Had a PM done the other day and got soot all over the truck from whatever they do. About to roll again... hoping to make it to Wendover tonight... showers and the buffet!

Photos taken today in California:

Attached Files:

MoneyCat, mushroom1464 and knighton5 Thank this.
  4. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    We got a load out of White Wave for Florida, with enough time to spend a couple of hours at home on our way through. Sure is nice to nap in the recliner

dabs Thanks this.
  5. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    I thought you had a recliner in the truck to use while your wife does all the driving.....

6. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    That right there is funny I don't care who you are... LOL This is an awesome thread I enjoy all the fun you guys have. We will see you out there soon. I got a pre-hire and looking for a few more and I start my school in a few weeks, I'm still looking forward to getting my way to JCT. Thanks. TD.

7. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Different kind, the one in the truck doesn't vibrate like the one at the house

8. mwatts747

mwatts747 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    bella vista ar.
    well we got a load out of lake wales fl. headed for clackamus or. due the 29th. wow thats alot of time for a team. realy needed to get to yard to get overhead done but the out of route is high..........so far we are liking it here at jct, we have a good truck that gets decent fuel milage even for a 379, only prob with it are the seats, but im about to fix that, other than that no complaints.

dabs Thanks this.
  9. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    Dabs beutiful pictures,do you remeber where the snow one was taken?

dabs Thanks this.
  10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    If you have a CAT engine, stop at a CAT garage and have them do the overhead, for about $300.00. Not an all day job.

11. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    \

Put an out of round tire on the truck and it will!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.