Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 18wheels28

18wheels28 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2010
    milwaukee wi
    Hi everyone I was wondering how everything was working for JCT do you make money as a L/p driver or would you not recommend it. If so what kind of miles do you look at a week and how are the trucks that you have any info would be great thanx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

We're are just now in San Juan Balista for the first pick up, then on to Salinas, so you are probably on your way to ? now.

4. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Has any one heard anything official or otherwise from JCT yet on this?

5. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Well I just rolled in here to the JCT shop. Due for a PM. Have a few other issues with the truck. Some I will do myself. Main thing is radiator is leaking pretty good. Not looking forward to this visit at all. I see I have some catching up on reading to do on here. Don't look like I will be going anywhere anytime soon. Grrrrr!

dabs Thanks this.
  6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Thank you very much there, sir! I appreciate the come back.. I was hoping for a long nose.. as im not to much into the "aero" styles.. Im pulling a solid 6.3 outta my isx400 w9 now.. and i know those cats aren't that good at mpg though.. but i thought i read where a driver of yours is pulling 6's outta their classic..

I'm glad on the road test.. Let me ask.. will i be footing my bill for a motel for orientation? Im pretty exicted to make the change over.. but like i said.. im gonna weather the storm for a few months here and hopefully miles pick up for me.. so i can make good and save a few bucks up and then return my truck and be a gentleman about it.. plus i think jct will appreciate that in me.. so thanks alot for ya'lls help. stay safe and well see you soon.

7. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

JCT pays for the motel... you just need to pay for your dinner as they also buy you lunch. Breakfast... such as it is... is provided by the motel. Good luck!

8. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Wonderful!! Thanks for your comeback as well.. I appreciate all the insight.. I'm a little worried on the log part.. because someone had mentioned they were cited for speeding just from their logs.. i guess ill have to learn those once i make the jump. Thanks again for all the info and help. Take care!

dabs Thanks this.
  9. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Start reading first hundred pages and most your questions will be answered. You will also get a feel of the company and drivers opinions if u continue.

Like one driver said. This thread is like a reality show.

Haystak Thanks this.
  10. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    You can be cited for speeding from logs anywhere. Not just here. DOT mainly. You should already know what you can and can't log....legally.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  11. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    I agree. If a person reads every thread from #1 by the time they get to the last post they will probably feel like they are already employed by JCT lol Alot of good info in here. And everything from drama to documentary to romance to action to horror to just good ol folks talkin it up.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.