Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fr8tshkr

fr8tshkr Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    dont worry its all going to be just fine!!!everything is perfect!! now that we wont be able to run outside the limits(thank heavens for that)then the shippers and receivers will fall right in line and every relay and swap will fit just right!! i for one am looking forward to the challenges and know if we keep up that positive mental attitude,,then we can overcome any obstacles that await us!!!come on everyone....three cheers for csa 2010,,,its going to change our lives for the better,,dont u see? how can u not see the glorious and wonderful benefits? are u guys blinded by your hatred,,,lets think positive and get in step out there!!!!!!tooodles!

mushroom1464 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nilao

Nilao Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I can see how a DOT officer can write us up for something up front but honestly if you do not want them to see what is in your bunk then close the curtains. If he wants to look any further than what he can see standing on the ground or possibly on your step then tell them "not without a search warrant". They may be able to hold you while they call a drug dog to sniff all around the outside of your cab, or give you a very specific lvl 1, but without probable cause no judge will grant them a search warrant. I have done this on several attempts to look beyond line of sight and they had to release me every time. Other than the aggravation of being delayed I have so far come out clean.

Haystak Thanks this.
  4. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Prime example of why I see drivers going into panic mode due to misunderstanding. The highest violation point is 10 and I have never seen anything that states about the 20 point/10 hour break for not making your bed. Unless you are quoting from the scam the great state of Minnesota tried to pull off lol Btw, does anyone know what the final lawsuit decision was? Just curious. Granted, you can receive more than one violation at one time which will add to the total points. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist somewhere.... but it doesn't exist within CSA 2010. That is kinda funny tho lol Here is just a couple to giggle at: Section 383.23(a)(2) Operating a CMV without a CDL violation is only 3 points. Section 391.11(b)(2) Non-English speaking driver violation is 6 points. A DOT has always been able to shut you down if you had blood shot eyes. As always, all they need is probable cause. Thats not anything new. You must really drive for a bad company if your starting points is 400 since the starting points are determined by the company/fleet standings that you currently drive for and or have driven for and then add in the individual drivers points. If you don't mind... could you possibly paste me the link that you got your information from? I would really like to read it in comparison to the "CSA 2010 Safety Measurement System (SMS) Methodology Version 1.2" that I am looking at.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
    Nilao and knighton5 Thank this.
  5. Nilao

Nilao Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I'm always in violation if an unmade bunk is a criteria.. I sleep in a sleeping bag.. or on it if warm out. I never make my bunk, just roll up my bag and away I go. lol

6. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Yea, same here. I have a sleeping bag also. Both my beds are almost always made. Mainly because I sleep on a made bed and like yourself, I just pull the sleeping bag over me. Depending of course on how hot or cold it is. Minnesota started that crap and it back fired on them. They were even writing violations if you were in possession of coffee or any other form of caffeine drink. Claiming driver fatigue! LOL I'm curious how that works if you don't have a mattress on your bed? Is it considered made or unmade? LOL

7. fr8tshkr

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    the real bottom line here is that csa is here,, we got it, and weather or not you feel its unfair,,it is the new list of rules for our playground,and frankly after a real evaluation, you r going to find that unless you are prone to run ins with john law the new "point system" is not going to have a great impact on you,,yes the cumalitive effects will be more noticable and the worst of the worst will be run out shortly,,but much like the ado over hours of service rules a few years back,,,,the world aint gonna stop spinning and neither are the truck tires,,we will adapt and so will planners dm's and shippers/recievers..take heart,,truckers are universally looked down on,,but when it comes down to getting the job done under nearly impossible circumstances we are the go to guys! now go get yo tin in da wind!

Haystak and knighton5 Thank this.
  8. fr8tshkr

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    The real death of trucking may be waiting on capitol hill right now,,,if some of those boys and girls dont get our national finance under some control we may be growing tomatoes and trading work/services for food,,,,you want to see what happens when the Government stops sending out checks and the union payroll stops coming??? take a good hard look at greece right now,,,dont laugh at em,,,most of the rest of the world is standing on the edge of the same cliff they are,,,,,,,,,and we are at the head of the line,,,dont think so? look at our debt load and compare to our gnp/gdp and personal wealth,,if you aint wetting your pants,you aint seeing how bad it is

jtrnr1951 and bigcove Thank this.
  9. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    lol i dont know how many points you start with i was just using random numbers to make a point....

yes i ve seen the points you acquire with each violation and you can acquire a maximum of 30 with EACH inspection...

im bad company well if you dont remember the group or the song im bad company til the day i die (ive been known to stir the pot from time to time and leave the pots i stirred to settle it themselves)

thing is with csa2010 whenever it takes affect talked to a DOT audit man the other day he said itll probly be csa2012 here

whenever it takes a affect if youre a good driver youre in good shape if not well its expected to put out 75-150,000 drivers when its implemented and they want to rid themselves of 10,000 a month after that

these BIG companies like it because they will no longer be sole reliable now the drivers will take their lashes as well...

Haystak Thanks this.
  10. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    Got moved into a 2008 Prostar by my company on Sunday went to check it out someone had overfilled it with oil the steer tires were down to the tread marker an there was a 12 inch crack in the windshield and this truck had been at the shop for 10 days gawd I can't wait to get away from these people.

11. Haystak

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Yea, I see that they keep pushing it back. Seems they are just like the deciding of a new health care reform lol maybe Obama will have to step in and we will get to see live news footage of them debating this CSA 2010 like they did on healthcare lol Hmmmm.... CSA-OBAMA 2010 ?? LMAO!

badcompany Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.