Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    What's nasty about the points with the CSA 2010 system is it multiplies if you get caught within a certain amount of time and causes the original violation to become higher also. A weird system if you ask me. Evan Lockridge talked about how easy it would be within one year to lose your license and not for major violations because many drivers have several problems over the last 3 years that will count against them. Everyone here at JCT needs to face the facts the days of running hard are coming to an end at least for me they have :)

daddy&mama2go Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    I will be joining the ranks of the Semi-Retired starting one day this week WOOOHOOO! Momma I'm going to Disney World! Maybe I'll end up like that truck driver from Missouri who quit trucking and worked at a gas station to be home with his kids and then hit the Lottery for a couple hundred million dollars.

4. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Yes I agree. A very weird system. It kinda makes you wonder how they come up with their figures. But, as we ALL know..... and as usual..... the ones making up the rules are the ones that have no experience or first hand knowledge of the trucking industry. Nor do they know or understand how or what makes this industry operate. Over paid people sitting behind desks reading statistics and assumptions. I think the heads of DOT, FMCSA, etc. should all be former truck drivers to be able to impose such rules, policies, laws, etc. But I'm just a truck driver..... I don't know.

5. runaway

runaway Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2006
    New Jersey
    585 pages sure took some time to go through but i found it very usefull.
    Maudie started to process my app. today,should be on my way to Ok. in two weeks.
    Thanks for all the info nice to know what your getting into before heading out,the one questioned i didnt see a reply too was putiing accessorries on the truck,do they alow it?I still have tons of crap in my garage from my last truck its a shame to see it sitting there collecting dust.
    Again thanks for all the info,I'm sure ill be running into most of you who use realays,I'm the rare idividual who doesnt mind running into the bronx!! 22 years of trucking and living in NJ makes it easy to steal a couple hours at the house.

6. Nilao

Nilao Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    After admitting your Starting with 400 points comment was baseless and you were spewing out crap, why would I trust and numbers you place here? I find any of your comments from here on to be baseless and without warrant unless you provide a direct link to the supporting documents.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. Nilao

Nilao Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    As much as i respect Evan Lockridge I have also heard on the show "Ask the Law with trooper Monty Dial" that the CSA scoring system is a way for the federal DOT to issue a point system and that being that your CDL is a State license not a Federal license that the CSA score nor DOT have the ability to revoke your CDL. Even though future employers can see your score and decide whether or not to hire you, likewise you can see the companies score and decide if you want to work for them.

daddy&mama2go and Haystak Thank this.
  8. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Depends on what kind of accessories and where on the truck you are wanting the modification. They will go over that in orientation. Yes they do allow some add-ons. But check first. Its really not worth losing a job over a chicken light lol

9. Nilao

Nilao Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Runaway... I would believe you could put accessories on the truck but remember that until it is paid off it is still technically their truck. If you were to turn it in before the end of the lease to either quit or get a newer truck that they will most likely charge you to repair any holes or damage that the accessories may have done to the interior or the exterior. I would double check but I would believe the above to be true.

10. runaway

runaway Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2006
    New Jersey
  11. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.