Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    that would spain why they are accepting older trucks now .....cause you really are not going to be putting down as many miles paperless as you would on paper.....

but if everything does go paperless eventually the sysetem will have to get more efficient or rates will have to come up no way around it i see a lot of these companies requiring teams too ....but if stuff gets all jacked up it;ll be good for me in the expedite world :biggrin_2559: until the industry adjusts to 100 percent by the book running ....and it is quite an adjustment hearing that lady count down your last hour of drive time over the qc

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Fixed cost $934.00 a week with APU and side note on newer trucks.

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  4. mwatts747

mwatts747 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    bella vista ar.
    Ok I see the topic of e-logs has come up again, as for me I love them, I have run them as team and solo and gaind miles both ways you just have to do your job and keep the left door shut. Drive smarter not harder.

5. mwatts747

mwatts747 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    bella vista ar.
    Well its official, tulsa freightliner doesn't know what they are doing, 2 weeks now after they did a half baked rebuild on my engine (by order of allen) I am blowing oil from all kinds of places to the point of a gallon a week, the new clutch and trans break? Well the trans break is out again. And dispatch can't figure out why I told them I'm coming to yard. I'm not leaving this time without a new truck, can't afford this one anymore.

6. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana

7. BIGCAT111

BIGCAT111 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010

wow 934, lets just round that up to a grand a week to be safe, now i know about the apu's there great but does jct also have power inverters or is that something you can get on your own?
    So you guys are making over a $1000 a week? How many days a month will jct let you take off, i like to run hard as possible for 4-5 weeks then take 5-7 days off.
    Again i have talked to some that enjoy the paperless logs but i think its perfect for the lazy truck driver, shippers and recievers dont care if your on it and if its not in the contract for detention with your company you guys will find out you aint goin home for 2 months to make that money. The other day i had to live unload 3 hours, then live load 120 miles away 2.75 hours, there goes my drive time, the 14 hour rule elapsed my drive hours, when that happens you better not stop anywhere unless you have to because its counting down by the minute, by the way forget about getting close to your del and taking a 9 hour break before heading in to get unloaded, you cant move that truck until every minute of that 10 hr has been taken. Which means a lot of times i cant drive when i want i have to wait until midnite or so drive 600 miles through the nite, time it so im at the del within my 14 hrs unload and then do my break. Unfortuntly marten and most companies cant do simply math so when i get mt, there sending me another load, if i was on paper id have no problem. Im 100% convinced after a month and a half on e-logs, its impossible for the entire industry to use them. Its too bad jct is going that way, it sounds easy and legal but tell that to the plants and factories we pick up at there ran by human beings their not perfect and always ontime, sometimes you have to wait 4 hours to pu, and if you moved that truck 2 miles down the road from the ts to pu, there goes your 14 and your 11, now your down to 10, jct will find out too it wont work. I guess o &s refridgerated went to paperless and after a few months they quit and said they dont work, marten is already finding out they got so much freight right now they cant handle it a few loads i did this trip out were a day late on the pu and del, first time i saw that in a year here.

8. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

We have a 2007 international 9900ix an the truck payment is 553.00, our fixed is about 750.00, I'd have to get on the laptop for the exact figure. No apu, no side note. The side note is for one or two years for the new trucks, the apu is 90.00 for two years. Our truck has run well, we did just have some repairs done, but nothing major. Our mpg averages 5.8... and we idle.Paperless logs... hate them. Ditto all you said about them. They are totally inpractical, unrealistic and will end up makig less money for the drivers, cost will be higher for carriers, shippers and recievers... most of all to the consumers. one more thing... hubby is a former CRE and as you know they went all teams for company drivers... driving out the solos. He just got an email from them saying they now have a lot of lanes for SOLO drivers. Teams are not always the answer.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  9. herkyboy

herkyboy Light Load Member

May 30, 2009
    iowa park, texas
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALAN!!!!!!!

Hey, Alan, you know the whole "you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too"? Well, in your case, it's true!! Have a great one, my friend!

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  10. BIGCAT111

BIGCAT111 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010

thanks for the info i take it your a team, paperless would work fine for teams, still end up having to do resets though, i dont know if i could jump into a lease program on paperless, guess im gonna have to find a small renagade company to run and gun for, i thought jct was it, i dont do crazy illegal runs but in this industry you need to be able to squeez in an hour here and there, really who needs 10 straight hours in the sleeper i think they should knock it down to 8 consecutive

11. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Nope... not a team in that sense. I ride full time out here with the hubby assisting as much as possible from fact finding, navigating, second pair of eyes, company, etc.

OK... we have had NO word on going paperless so if some of the other JCT drivers know anything please speak up. The hubby doesn't do crazy illegal runs either... if someone is doing that... that is their choice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.