Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with that truck. The Freightliner we had with CRE was problematic, so we understand. I hope you get in a new truck soon and roll!

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dabs

dabs Medium Load Member

Wishing you the best and hoping you're enjoying your home time!:biggrin_255:

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Saw 4 JCT trucks out here in CA between yesterday and today.

Running down I-10 going both east and west between Palm Springs and Ontario. Where do you all run to out here?

5. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Whew! Made it to Sky City. I guess I'm far enough out of CA now so I'm gonna park and give the ol truck a break. Havent had much time to get online and play and chat. Hit a few good runs and relays. I'm really beginning to dislike Leprino. Got a new DM. Almost got a new truck last week but didn't want to wait around. The beast is pulling hard... as long as I keep the OKC Love's fuel out of her belly. Was playing around in the 6's. Filled up at Love's and she dropped to upper 4's before I got to NM. Ran it out & changed filters... she is back to the ol beast now. I just might keep her. Well, I'm off to facebook now to tie up some loose ends before calling it a night. I can't stay up late.... the truck gets up early lol

dabs and fr8tshkr Thank this.
  6. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Buy a used truck with payments at 200-300 weekly! That's the key! You wont be forced to haul ##### every week or month just to make payments! Now is the time to buy while economy sucks. Plus, if you buy your own truck you do any modifacations you want plus if you decide to leave, your truck will go with you! You call the shots. Go dry van, drop and hook! No waiting for freight or Lumpers! I was approved by JCT, but declined because of the 'no pet' rule, I'm glad it worked out that way, I run 2200-2500 a week and 2 days off a week (legal). Good luck to you!

7. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Hello Guys, I saw 3 JCT Trucks Sunday afternoon going N on 89A in Northern Arizona headed towards Utah and beyond, I waved but they were steady on the wheel... Take Care. TD.

8. BIGCAT111

BIGCAT111 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010
    So... Do you guys have any idea how many jct drivers are now on the e-logs. Like i said i wanted to come over heard good things plus i love the runs to and from cali, marten has got me doing to many short hauls for 300-500 miles then if im lucky i get a 1200 mile run. Made it from michigan to tracy,ca in 67 hrs on paperless they only work out good on long runs, but i thought if jct trucks do 73 plus alot more runs out west and down south with the higher speed limits it might work, heck i ran into a guy the other day that drives for a company with 15 trucks and their on e-logs, the central truck im next to says e-logs on the side seeems like all the big companies are trying to go to them, but like i said its only a matter of time before these big shots relieze it doesnt work once they broker out all their freight and start losing millions in a year they ll go back to paper. Remember if every truck in america was on e-logs today in a month the country would be in chaos, no hamburgers at mcdonalds, no milk at walmart, maybe not total madness but the shelves at the stores would take a hit... In the past 6 weeks i figure im losing $189 a week anywhere from $150-$350 a week and im behind about 8 loads, that load to cali then to virginia saved me this trip out...

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    None that I know of, unless there are one or two for experimental purposous

10. fr8tshkr

fr8tshkr Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    really dont know about the e-log issue but here is my .02cnts on cost of operation,,,here,,,dpendenig on trk age/side note/apu,,your break even should b around 2500-2700 miles per week if you can stay above 5mpg,,,i have a new trk w/side note and am getting apu this week so my fixed is like vulcans,,as high as it gets,,and i run 3200-3800 mpw typically,i agree w/ther post,,if you can bring your own trk with low payments do it,,,but even so theres good money to b made here

11. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

MWATTS747

Sorry to hear about your engine problems, dump that truck, if you haven't already !!!

I never had good end results with a truck that got less than 900,000 before the first rebuild.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.