Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Thanks Alanp613, I have my sites and heart set on a Pete 379 with APU. I know this isnt the most fuel efficient truck out there but its what I want. There are things that can be done to the truck, be it electronically, mechanically or just plain driving style that can make these hoods very competitive in the MPG race. Another ? I came up with is, is there any compensation for detention or layovers, do they pay or reimburse for lumper services or anything else along these lines that could potentially be an out of pocket expense or a non profit hold back?/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Detention has been paid. Lumpers are company paid by EFS check, scales are reimbursed, trailer washouts, tolls, load locks, are reimbursed. Reefer fuel paid by company. Lunch is paid by the company, at orientation.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  4. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    As far as 379 they aren't ordering any new ones. The ones we got on the road now are 07 or older. By February there may be only cascadias and prostars available but I've heard a rumor they r ordering 386 and cascadias next.

5. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Older is good for me, that would hopefully mean the price would be come way down. I have a very close friend that works for The Pete Store in VA and he used to work for Freightliner. He said to steer away from the cascadias at all costs. They are having tons and tons of problems, as with the Pete 387's, but he says the 386's are a very decent truck. But Im just really wanting a hood. Just like the Pete the best but any hood will do. Guess time will tell.

6. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    I appreciate all the objective posts about about Jct. It has motivated me to leave the Company I have been with for 8 years and their joke of of a lease. Jct really seems to to be the dream gig. Just a few Questions, Is it forced dispatch? How much Nyc is involved? and how often do you chain up?

7. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    No forced dispatch
    I have been to NYC once in 2 years, nd that was to get rid of a damaged load
    Chain UP???? Isn't that French for "find a motel"

Alanp613 and hwy40blu Thank this.
  8. Vette1967

Vette1967 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    The 379 ended production with the last 1000 Badged as Legacy Models, none in JCT's fleet, It was replaced with the 389 model, Kenworth is still making the W900L but the two are very pricey now. When these were brought into our fleet they were team only, just like the Prostar. At this point, in my experience, the ones left have been bought or the drivers want to keep them but u never know what might turn up, keep an eye on the letter after the number, if u see a Pete with APU or KW900 with say a B,C,,,thru E I'd say grab it, if its way down the alphabet I would say there is a reason and stay away. I have also heard they want to test the new cat engine as well:biggrin_25514:

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Look out world, coming back to work in a couple of weeks. Just in time for the spring thaw(yeah right)

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  10. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    you mean paccar engine?

11. hwy40blu

hwy40blu Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    ditto,grizzly,,ive been here since march and so far i would have to say the experience has been pretty positive,,,,have made good money,,been treated pretty well,,(by Most) and i would definatley do it all over again,,thnx to you and dabs and lmb and alan and all the other apple pie gang members,,you guys made it possible for me to succseed this year!

Alanp613 and dabs Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.