Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    It's snowing down here on the coast. First time in years iv'e seen snow here.....Thanks Al Gore

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    al gore's laughing all the way to the bank on that one.:biggrin_25523:

4. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    Will Jct allow me to install an Aftermarket muffler? the claim is it will get you 1/2 mpg better mileage

5. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Exactly!

I had to scrape that freakin "global warming" off my windshield this morning here in Charlotte.

:biggrin_25516:

I wish it would hurry up and warm up already! I could get more crops out of my garden every year if it did!

6. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    you will have to get it approved, unless you got a classic like lmb did and the aftermarket looks similar to stock then they probably won't notice :)

7. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN

8. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN

I'm thinkin Road Kill.

9. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    So is the claim that that zip-tying magnets around your fuel line will net better economy.

And if you believe that, I got some nice beachfront property for sale, in Arizona fer ya!

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    The aftermarket straight thru muffler Does increase your fuel millage. I know for a fact.....So does slowing down. When I first got into my truck, I was getting 5.3 mpg. I got it up to average 6.4

The Challenger Thanks this.
  11. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA

Thats right LMB.... the straight thru mufflers providing they are still within the acceptable deciball levels allowed by law, along with slowing down both will increase fuel mileage. But I also know from being a master mechanic for 20 years that there are other ways of acheiving better fuel mileage. The computer reprogramers and upgraded ones provid fuel mileage gains that are very noticable. When used with mufflers and items such as the Air Cell that goes into your intake system can provide gains anywhere from .5 to 1.0 MPG or better. Now Ive never had the chance to use them on a big rig but I have used them on my personal vehicles for many many years. Gas and Diesel. Most items are fiarly easy to install with minimal mechanical experience. Now with the computer upgrades there are several different settings ranging from better fuel mileage to maximum HP gains and settings in between. These settings are adjustable on the go so proper management of them with keeping your foot out of it as much as possible you can see significant gains that will keep $ in your pocket instead of in your tank. Now I do have a good friend that has been using the Air Cell for about 3 1/2 months now and has seen about a .3 to .4 mpg gain even though he has a tendancy to run his truck a lil harder than he could or should.

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.