Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Hope things go well with your wife there LMB.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    I understand its not when but why. Are they mad that you dropped the load or did they dispatch you on something else and you put your truck in shop without them knowing?
    Either way, what did they yell at you for?

4. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    I believe you have explained yourself, and nothing more needs to be said. You gave your opinion, wether good or bad, it's still your opinion.

"Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here Do you work for a very good trucking company? Put your opinion of that trucking company here so others can see!" is the motto of this thread

It is the ones that have NEVER leased a truck from JCT, that do not have the right to Criticize

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  5. hwy40blu

hwy40blu Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    let me get this straight.....you let a "raised voice" destroy your trucking business?,,,please tell me i am not seeing that right,,,you are kidding right?,,who cares if they yell? let it roll off the old back and go on about your business your way.,.,.,.,., just my .02 cents

6. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Interesting. I could swear Alan has never leased a Risinger truck but he sure can get on my Risinger thread and criticize Risinger. You don't hear me whining about it like cry babies on here do when someone posts something bad.

7. DoubleJay

DoubleJay Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Espanola,NM
    yeah JCT is worth working for... well back then in 2005 i was bringing home more then a $1,000 a week... anywhere from 1,000 to 2,200 a week after all expenses..... but this was back then..... and a good dispatcher there is cheryl enloe, well let me know how it goes.... good luck there!!!!!

8. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Gotcha....that's like that at pretty much any company where you are either a company driver or a lease driver though.

9. bigbuddah71

bigbuddah71 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Deltona,FL.
    No hwy, you seen it the way it was. In my opinion if one lets another walk on them they will let all walk on them. Please tell me why anyone should let a co-worker yell at them. If I was really running my own business they could not have been my "superior" or "boss" as I was the only employee. I stood up and lost my job fot it but have no regrets. Letting people steamroll us is a major problem in our industry today

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    The BIG difference is, he was NOT critisizing the company you work for, it was you he was talking about, and we sure know you......

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  11. Vette1967

Vette1967 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just a few cents on this one without knowing the whole story, I will defend night shift, they work very hard with a limited staff and try there best to handle all the problems that may occur on their own. They do not have all the resources that day shift does.

I will say this, when it comes to dealing with changes in a load, maintenance, etc. Yelling, arguing, profanity... these are not welcome here in the least. We are all professionals here and we try to live up to the best standards we can. We do what we must to keep the customer happy, period. As a driver we do not always have all the info, but I do my best to help not argue. I have also found that if you drop a load or repower a load and end up losing miles due to it, the trip planners will grab you a load next that makes up for it! I do my best to keep our customers happy, my DM happy, trip planners happy, logs happy, safety happy. I will also add this, when dealing with the DOT, I always treat them with respect, answer their questions honestly, provide them them the info they request and have never had a problem and have been thanked numerous times for being "Professional" that shows well for me as my truck is pretty stand out to them, I get waived through almost all the time! It also helps all our drivers who run for John!
    So am I a Conformist? am I brainwashed? the answer is no, I am a Professional and no matter what the change in plans are I can re-plan what I need to do to make it happen for all! On a side note, a lot of times it may take you to a favorite spot u like! Sorry for the ramble:biggrin_25514:

BigJohn54 and Alanp613 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.