Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    I agree totally with Vette1967 and I havent even started there yet. Some people just need to learn to pick their battles and understand that this is the cooperate world today. If it wasnt for the customers and meeting their demands then none of us would have a job. As for the others who had their leases termd, there is always a story behind that put them in that situation..... bottom line is all companies have their good and bad points. Deal with it!!!

hwy40blu and Vette1967 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hwy40blu

hwy40blu Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    well.....ok.hhhmmmmm...as long as you were satisfied with the outcome,we'll just have to disagree on the basis of philisophical/managerial approaches! i tend to view jct as a brokerage and support staff,,whenevere i get into a situation where there is tension and disagreement with them,,i always go to the fallback position:: i pay the truck note and fuel,i will follow the general guidlines of the lease but the final desicions and particulars are mine to make,and as i have stated directly to them in the past (more than once,i might add) if that is not acceptable,,here are your keys back,,,,funny thing though,,when you avoid the, they yell, you yell, style, they tend to get more agreeable almost instantly,,always remember,,this is more of a family atmosphere than that of a faceless company,,families get mad and then get over,,,,as long as no one say that one thing too much....again..just my 1.50's worth!

Alanp613 and Vette1967 Thank this.
  4. bigbuddah71

bigbuddah71 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Deltona,FL.
    I may have been misunderstood. I DONT dislike JCT. We did however (JCT and I ) not agree on some things that they were strict on. I dont feel like I have badtalked them and hope I was not thought to have done so. For many JCT will probably be a good choice. I happen to not be one of them. I was told the morning after the "yelling match" that they were going to term my lease. After this metting we all shook hands and I went on my way. I am happy where I am now but had this incident not taken place I dont see a reason I would have left.

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  5. sha

sha Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I will give my .02 worth. JCT is a good company to work for if you can put up with alot of crap as with alot of companies. You will make good money running as a solo not a team. For instance the day you go back off home time, they call and want to know if your comming, then you get there to find out they put you on load that takes 23hr. to run and it doesnt delv. for three days. Whats up with that. Yes you can drop it at one of the yards, but doesn't mean you will get a preloaded trl.. Usaully have to lay over till the next day for a load. If you run solo you better never run out of hours or they will mess with you for that. They want you to run regardless of your hours. Don't know how much longer we will tolerate the way they work. About the time we think it will work out they pull some other crap. We have been there for quit some time now. I talked to drivers for a couple of years before I went to work for them and after driving for them for awhile, it's like everyone I talk to now is not very happy with this company. Last week I even ran into a drive that has been driving for JCT for 5 1/2 years and told me about 5 of his friends who have went over to KLLM and told me I would be alot better off doing the same. He said he was staying with JCT because it was so close to home, his truck was paid for and was only working to have some thing to do. I do agree with big dudduh. I would not put up with anyone yelling at me either. I do know the planners talk crap about the drivers. I have heard them my self. In fact the day I was in there, one planner told the other one that a team was complaing of not getting enough miles, so he was going to fix them and put them on a load that didnt load for a couple of days and made the remark maybe they will quit b....ing from now on. So dont paint this as a perfect company, because they are far from it.

BigKid2 Thanks this.
  6. hwy40blu

hwy40blu Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    oh man,,hate to hear that it was not a good place for ya, hasnt always been "perfect" for me either but in all honesty,i can say that after almost a year here only 1 out of every 5 drivers i run into have any serious complaints,,,judged against the usual 80 percent or so at most companies i would have to say its pretty darn good here,as for the dm/planner situation you described,,have not run into it myself and i have had the chance to be in the op area quite a bit,,,no, not everyone is rosy and funloving and carefree, but most seem to treat everyone pretty fairly,,you never know what might have prompted that scenario,,,or more importantly,,if the planner or dm actually went through with the screwing,,we all talk a good game sometimes,,doesn,t mean that we act on it though,,but anyway good luck wherever you landed and i hope it works out for you,,,i know from personal experience how disappointing it can be to have a driving job not work out.

7. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    once again sha, don't know how much you're making over here as a team, you should read LMB's posts, he ran team with his wife and made plenty of money, around 3k a week i believe, if you think that's not alot of money i don't know what to tell you!! As far as they making a solo driver drive with no hours, that's completely bs...I have repowered MANY drivers that have ran out of hours! It's up to the drivers decision to continue to run or not, no matter how mad dispatch gets at you, it's your license not theirs! No matter where you go, there will be planners or dispatchers that you dislike or disagree with, so once again QUIT THE WHINING, take it somewhere else! Almost everyone in here is making a pretty decent living INCLUDING THE TEAMS!! Sorry if this sounds rude but fact of the matter is no company is going to give you what you want! JCT gives you the tools to make plenty of money, and if you don't use those tools wisely then you end up whining like you are now! I also believe that you claim you run the truck at 70mpg on the other post, that's also your problem there, you're burning your money out the pipes!! slow that thing down and i guarantee you will save at least 600 dollar a month just in fuel!

hwy40blu, Haystak and LMB Thank this.
  8. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    In my observation and from speaking to a ton of Jct drivers, they will run you hard, and if you do you job like a professional, you will make a good living. That is why I am going to their orientation asap. Try working for the same company for 8 years as a l/p student trainer and getting high solo miles, and changes the lease several times a year taking away fuel discounts, charging more to train, and many other things. Im not crying the blues I am doing something about it, making the move.
    Why does it seem like all the bad press comes from those who have issues with every company they ever been with or worse people who have never worked there, but know a friend or 3rd cousin etc.
    I'm telling you they seem to be the sweetest gig going. I base this info on actually speaking to drivers, worst complaint was they run their tails off. Their bank books are happy family provided for, so in turn they were happy.

9. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Alan613 why so defensive? Different experiences and thoughts about JCT are ok. I have followed this thread from day one. I as well as most readers are smart enough to sort through the info. All of your defensive post that are full of CAPITAL LETTERS AND !!!! come off as bullish. You would be better served by stating a rebutal statement and moving on. The confrontational responses get the thread off track. Sometimes for several pages.

LMB i wish you and your wife well. I am looking forward to when you and your wife are 100% again.

BigKid2 and The Challenger Thank this.
  10. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    First that was not the first post she made about the same issue. She came back at me saying that there was no way lmb whom I referred to in her post, is able to make good money here. I gave her examples on making more money
    .now it seems like she followed the drop load at a drop yard part but now continue to complain that try gotta wait til following day to get another load. Like I said many times they give you all the tools to be successful. If you don't know how to take advantage or listen to advice then don't come whining here!

Haystak and Dryver Thank this.
  11. sha

sha Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2010
    You all need to go back and reread my post. As I am still working for JCT today. What I have tried getting across to you, is you make JCT sound like the greatest place ever to work. I didn't say we did not make good money. I said my husband can make just as good money driving solo as we do driving team. They do not know how to run teams. When you run team, that truck should not stop other than fueling, loading and unloading, shower, dinner and so forth. You also should not put teams on loads with 3 drops that take 2 days to unload and only 1400 miles. I'm not one to whine, the facts are what they are. I would not complain about sitting once in awhile, but even every other trip is way to much sitting for a team. Also tell me why in oreintation they tell you that within three months after oreintation there will probably only be one or two of the new hires out of your gruop that will still be employeed at JCT. It is because as a solo, you better be ready to run and run hard if you want to make the money and be able to surrvie. I have no problem with this. You have to work hard at any thing you do to make good money, no one is going to just hand it to you. Most people you talk to, say oh yea I run hard and they come to JCT and they find out real quick hard isn't running like they have run for most companies. For anyone who truely wants to make money, not afraid to run and most important, KNOWS how to LOG will do just fine at JCT. Theres not to many new drivers out there today that knows how to run hard. On that note theres not many companies out there that will run you hard. The one thing JCT has in common with any other company is, some have the same attitude as in, Do as I say or else. Not sure which dept. does it, but they do. I would also advise teams if you look at JCT's add it says they need teams to run Ca. to Fl., Ok. to Ca. or Tx. to Ca. Be prepaired to run every where but there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.