Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Fleets have until December 31st of THIS YEAR to bring their trucks upto 2007 standards, or forfeit running in California. If you own less than 3 trucks, I believe, you have until December 31, 2013 to meet 2007 standards.

So, if your truck don't have a DPF, you need to retrofit or get a new truck.
    On the bright side, THEN you're good until 2023! That's when fleets have to be upto 2010 standards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    According to Carb site we have til 2014 to have what they call a pm filter. If the truck has a 07 or newer engine you're good til 2023

4. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Some of the reason is to confirm that you are at a legit, licensed, certified, etc. shop. Some of the reason is that if your maintenance account is in the negative, they get to have a lil more say so as to the decisions made for repairs. After all, until it is paid for the truck still belongs to JCT. Some people fail to realize... this is a Lease Purchase. Not a lease, nor a rental nor is it the same as getting a vehicle financed at your local dealership or bank. A Lease Purchase!

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  5. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Thats mainly for CA trucks within CA state line. They are not mandating us to retrofit anything on our trucks. I heard the same rumor so I asked since I've got a Classic XL and was concerned that I wouldnt be able to enter CA. Was told I had nothing to worry about.

Alanp613 and Dryver Thank this.
  6. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Well folks Ive gotten full approval by the recruiting dept and its been sent to upper mgmt for final approval. Should hear sometime tomorrow or wednesday hopefully on when my orientation date is. I do have one question though for yall folks that have been with JCT for awhile, Why is it that for an owner/operator that wants to lease their truck to JCT that you have to have a truck that has a 270" or shorter wheel base? I understand the 19000 max on tractor weight but not the length. Girls in recruiting told me it was because of the reefer unit on the trailer needing room, so obviously the mechanics of things is not their specialty. She was trying to get me answer as to why this requierment is there but has yet to get back to me. Maybe one of yall can enlighten me?

7. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Wow thats a good one. I know we carry alot of loads that are very close to the 80K limit, and there has to be not only tandem shifting, but fifth wheel also. Maybe that has something to do with the shorter wheelbase. That is a complete guess

8. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Welcome to the gang Mr clean. Other than weight don't know why else

9. Weeping Willow

Weeping Willow Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2011
    My husband is considering going into the JCT Lease Program - he's been in other before -&- we both know we are not going to get rich -but- he prefers lease to driving a company truck!?! So, we are curious is JCT forced dispatch, does a single lease operator get to run to CA very often?!? How are they on advances -&- what is their passenger program like?!? Also, are you paid for orientation -&- do they give you any grace period on your truck payments when you first start out?!? Any information would be greatly appreciated!?!

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    All your questions are answered in this forum, yes you get three weeks befor payments start.No forced dispatch. Lot of California. yes passangers. Advances are $150.00 per week per driver. Orientation, meals and motel

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Alanp613 Thanks this.
  11. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA

Yea this one has me baffled also. Even with the shifting of tandems and 5th wheels length still shouldnt make a difference. Length has nothing to do with how the weight is shifted when moving a 5th wheel and we all know that moving the tandems doesnt affect the steer axle. Best I can figure is its for possibly tight quarters at some of the warehouses, but shoot thats what the yard jockeys are for. If you ask nicely "most" will slide your trailer in the hole for ya, or at worst slip them a few $$$ to sweeten the pot. Shoot anymore most places make ya drop your trailers and the jockeys put it in the door anyway. But anywho I will let yall know what they say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.