Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    As long as you do a decent job of managing your book you should have no issue averaging better than 3000 miles a week.

alan, how have you been bud? How's the new truck treating you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kgbigholler

kgbigholler Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    chicago,il
    Thanks!!! I know how to manager the book to

4. the mary trucker

the mary trucker Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Does JCT have health insurance available to lease drivers?

5. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    They do have some insurances available to the lease drivers. Health, and Life ins.

6. dudvin

dudvin Bobtail Member

May 12, 2013
    lubbock, texas
    i heard tgat jct has a new lease program that started last month. does anyone know if ts better and what are the terms now

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    One thing I've noticed at JCT is that their equipment no longer features a trolley valve or trailer brake switch. They also do not feature as many gauges as they use previous use to order. Whats up with that??

8. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Basically the change is this: Instead of having a fixed/set amount each week for your truck lease payment, it will now change every week. The amount is based upon the miles you TURN in each week (not the miles you run). Think of it as an adjustable mortgage on a house with it changing each week.

Now is this better? For some yes, others, no. Out is designed to give you a break if you have a bad week (shop, home tome, etc.). If you only turn in 500 miles for the week, your truck payment won't kill you. If you turn in high miles each week, your payment will be more, but you may've able to pay your lease of sonnet than scheduled.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. daddy&mama2go

daddy&mama2go Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Beware of too many good comments. Some drivers earn more from recruitment than driving. JCT is a solid company but clearing 3000 miles a week as a solo is a lie. Number 1, they are electronic log and lots of live loads. My husband and I left 1 month ago today as a team after 3 1/2 years as owner/operators. Why? Not enough miles. We wanted 5000 per week barely hitting 4K and we didn't decline loads. Too much repowering. Again, I say it was a solid company, but not the same dog we hired on with.

10. dudvin

dudvin Bobtail Member

May 12, 2013
    lubbock, texas
    can someone tell me which trucks get the best fuel mileage at jct. frieghtliner, peterbuilt or internatinal

11. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Freightliner driving 65 and under

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.