JD Combines

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Cluck Cluck, May 6, 2012.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Do to my issue in Md.
    The dust still has not settled on that matter, just keeping low now.
    To many eyes on the web...
    Plus other lds. I've done being real tall have been a pain.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Saw a Canadian trk. Thurs mid morning at Nelson Bros. Clearwater ,Mn. hauling one. He let me take pics.Will post later.
    He said he has a low pro. step. 13' 9"
    On a regular step just over 14' high.
    The trick he said is they have a crane at their yard where they off ld. them and mount the tires.

Cluck Cluck Thanks this.
  4. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    I was up in Iowa this week and didn't see near the number of JD loads going down the road as in the past. I don't go up there a whole lot but last summer every time I went up to Dubuque I always managed to get a load out of JD down to FL. All backhoes which is easy. The only thing I can figure (total guess) is that this occurred last August and September. The three loads I hauled out of Dubuque were to Port of Miami going to South America. The end of our summer would be the begining of their spring down there hence the shipping of equipment. I was just speculating if my current observations were indicative of a slowing down of the economy or is there still freight moving just that the carriers are putting it all on their own trucks and don't have any excess to broker out. Did wind up hauling a 10' hopper peice going to NC for $2400. Couldn't find anything else to go with it so I just ran out. It weighed 2500lbs, put it on the top deck and got 9.13 mpg going to NC. Could have cleaned up coming back but had to be home by Sunday. Oh well. Maybe Cpape can school me on this JD thing.

5. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    The last three years have been some of the busiest for Deere. Within that time there have been a few lulls that could last a day, week and up to a month. It could be caused from supply issues, quality hold, or slower production. Summer does tend to be their slower time, but things have gotten far less seasonal over the last decade. The last month has felt like one of those lulls. They have also brought on some additional carriers and brokers over the last 2 years to attempt to meet their capacity needs. When you have more mouths at the trough it makes it that much thinner when things get slim.

I haven't figured out how the export thing works. We mostly deal with Baltimore which goes to Europe, Russia, Africa and Australia. Both imports and exports tend to slow down over the summer, but I don't really know why. I don't deal enough with Miami to know the patterns down there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.