Jet set Wal-Mart account

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Exit310, Aug 15, 2017.

1. JetFuel17

JetFuel17 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Hi
    I actually currently am a Jet Set driver on the Wintersville, OH Walmart account. For the most part, it's everything I was told it would be (including 10k signon bonus which is paid as scheduled). The stop pay is NOT what I was told it would be. I was told $30 per stop but, it's only been $15. The miles are a little higher than what they said at about 2000-3000 per week (recruiter said 1800-2000).
    Every Jet Set driver here that I know of has their own assigned truck. When I fly home a flex driver may drive my truck while I'm gone.
    I have driven to other DC's to help out but, a load is a load. All miles are paid miles (bobtail or loaded).

Negatives:

1. The stops literally KILL your miles because the stores receiving can be a living hell (no available docks, poorly trained staff, poor customer service, no one to unload, etc).

2. Stop pay really needs to be better.

3. If you have a spare car/motorcycle bring it with you because you will get stuck at the DC on your 34 or even when you get off everyday on your 10. Getting away on your off days for a haircut, to do laundry, act normal and see a movie will be a nightmare. (They like to "say" they keep a car here but, they are really bad about keeping a car here to use. They let people who live here use the cars, they just simply don't keep cars, they hide keys for certain people, etc.) This is a publically traded, billion dollar company and a 10-15k company car (or two) onsite is an issue? Ok. (o_0)

Bottom Line:
    Get your loads and drive on.
    Focus on whatever goals you had for yourself before you came here.
    Yes, the office workers have pre-existing attitudes, mess and drama going on. Be independently positive because it can be a cess pool that can numb a positive attitude very quickly. The driver turn over rate IS high for a reason. Stay focused. Schneider is a great company. Wintersville Walmart DC is not the best reflection of the company as a whole.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    Pretty much spot on. I've only been to one other DC and that was Bedford, PA. Given my experience there I have to say that I'll take Wintersville every day of the week and twice on Sunday. That place is hot mess and then some.

Haven't heard much on the rental car side of things but that's because I'm local. Not sure about the discrepancy with drop pay as I was always told 15 from day 1 with the recruiter.

I agree that the additional stops and their locations really chew up your time. 125 mile load (all miles), 3 stops, 6 hrs. I've had it happen. Sometimes it's the employees not doing their job sometimes it's being stuck in Pittsburgh traffic for an hour each way.

JetFuel17 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

• Truckers Report Jobs