Jim Palmer Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CO Zaxby, Aug 3, 2016.

1. $$jusdurty$$

$$jusdurty$$ Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2018
    i was 16 got robery did my time i was just along for ride

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. $$jusdurty$$

Feb 10, 2018
    how far os background checl at jim palmer

4. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    They asked me what my felony from 2002 was about and what the disposition of my probation was. If I were you, and you're unsure... you should go to Hire Right and have them send you your record. You are entitled to receive a copy of what they have and will report up to once a year for free... takes a couple of weeks to get it.

I can tell you I didn't end up getting hired, but it wasn't any one thing. It was a combination of things. How long ago were you 16... what is your work history like since then? Have you had more than 2-3 jobs in 2-3 years? What is your current driving record? That all matters. I had gaps in employment, a 13.5 year old felony, and had spent a few years in Portland where I used public transportation so my drivers license at the time was only a year old. As I said, many factors.

Is your record from when you were 16 expunged? If it was, then you are not required to report it. I'd pull your record, your mvr and see what is on there. That is what they will see.

5. RedRover

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    For an old felony, depending on the age of the felony and what it was for... they want to know that you're contrite and that you have taken real steps to improve your life.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Most companies are concerned about more recent criminal records. They will find out about all of them no matter how far back they are, but ususally just concerned about what the website has, such as 5 yrs., 7 yrs., etc.
    Which state do you live in?

7. $$jusdurty$$

Feb 10, 2018
    only had one tiket ever no accidents im thirty seven alredy spoke with rec. blake my trouble was in 1996 i have verifiable work history for at least eleven years at just two jobs no dui or drugs ever all i do is smoke cigs an drank coffee lol ive had every school knwn to man callin me got accepted to crst cr england pam stevens us express driver solutions all did background checks an was cleared an jim palmer been callin almost everyday i had death in family so was unable to make specific dayes or plans but want to go with jim palmer ive passed every online cdl permit test score off 100% for ga montana tenn an iowa study every day know all about coupling air brakes combination vehicles special requirments. psi. cut in cut out alot about pretrip inspections just need learn to shift drive an live my dream sir

RedRover Thanks this.
  8. $$jusdurty$$

Feb 10, 2018
    im in ga but wanna go jim palmer

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Since Jim Palmer already accepted you, go for it. Nice trucks and a good pay structure.

10. $$jusdurty$$

Feb 10, 2018
    havent been fully accepted yet read what i wrote to red rover please lol alot to type

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. RedRover

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Honestly with your work history and the length of time, so long as you don't lie to them about it and you're honest if and when they ask about it, I'm pretty sure they'll give you a shot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.