JJ's Place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    That is a good route. I live in Jamestown NY, right off of 86. I park at a kwik fill at exit 12.
    Just as fast as the turnpike. Sometimes faster.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    There is a whole fleet of those trailers and now there is a truck stop, i believe in Amarillo that is the same name,

4. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    CD, If I knew the route better it could very well be true. The other issue is the road does not receive the same level of maintenance as the "pike. Kinda roller coastery/ bouncy. Hey, this is the US. Our lesser road are still superior to the superways overseas.
    :biggrin_25514:

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Speaking of turnpikes.... what kind of idiot, would close down the turnpike in Boston, and not give a clearly marked detour????? Nothing funner in this world, than going thru downtown Boston..... lost, and wondering what the h e l l to do now. Really bad thing tho was, there were 5 or 6 trucks behind me, following me, and hoping I knew what I was doing. hahahahahahahaha

I would like to thank the 4 wheeler tho, who pulled up beside me, honking his horn, then pulled in front of me with his 4 ways going, got out of his BMW, and goes "dude, you can't go this way. Theres a bridge up ahead that will tear the top of your truck off". (yes, he really did say dude) Showed me a parking lot to turn around in and tried to give me directions. Between that, my GPS, and stumbling across a hazmat route, I managed to lead my little convoy to freedom!!!!!

jess-juju, Lady K and 48Packard Thank this.
  6. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    That does sound funny Pan:biggrin_2559: sorry for laughing but happy you got your lil convoy to Freedom!

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i think i saw that yard. now that you mention it. but i've only seen the one guy and that was defenitly him in a newer truck.

stopped in vegas for a blown trailer tire. spent 4 hours at petro to which they had to pick the tire up from ta. gtot tired of waiting so now i sit at the ta waiting for a dang tire.

5 hours and counting in vegas.

after i deliver my fuel in los angeles. i get the glorious pleasure of dropping the trailer off 10 miles down the road and BT'ing back

now that i'm in hot weather i turn on the a/c and it's no cold. looks like i've got a nasty leak that won't hold a charge.

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL

Just the section between Salamanca and Randolph is bad. And they are working to fix that this year I believe. They did from the lake to the PA line last year.
    Hopefully it is fixed soon. It adds 30 min to my ride out to the state park, since I cannot ride my motorcycle on that section. Most times it does not matter. But when I am trying to beat the rain I normally get wet.
    Oh, actually it takes about 20 min longer. But it saves the company close to 90 dollars in tolls.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    dear california.

if it wasn't for us truckers. this state would CRUMBLE to it's knees.

you guys need us. so why must you consistently F us in the arse. you want our money in the way of fines. and you give us absolutely no place to park,.

gawd i hate this state.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    in vegas. we're crusiing the strip 10 wheels style. and the legs are out

11. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Laying at home on my real bed :biggrin_25519: It is nice watching final destination 5!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.