JJ's Place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Started with CH Robinson because they will take brand new authorities... From there maybe Coyote, ITS and DAT? There is also one called XPO Logistics that we were thinking of looking into. Also we pull a refer... Mainly because it's what we know, and if there isn't refer freight, we can haul van stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Congrats Lady K and best wishes on your new adventure. Talk Jess into being your dispatcher yet?LolAm in Clearfield, Pa. Wish I knew whether I was coming or going.

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well we will be empty Monday morning (if all goes as planned) in Auburn, WA... There are some loads out, but none really heading to CA (via CHR)... And that's the direction we want to go... So if one can be found, a finders reward just might be in order ;)

5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    So in reality, your working for 23 cents a mile. Not to mention, your social security will be lower, when it's time to retire and wants to use it. Also banks looks at the w-2 form, when it comes time to take out a loan, and they go off by what was paid to you, not what you make. Banks and loan officers do not take into consideration, that your on periderm. And from experience, I know they do not accept letters from the payroll dept., explaining the periderm package.
    I have worked for 3 companies that were forced perdeim . The only one making money are the companies, because they don't have to pay all the fed. taxes, on a employee's WAGES. So what they don't pay , the wage earner is stuck paying them.
    Drivers can calim up to $59.00 per day as per the IRS. No need to be on a company's forced perdeim program.

6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

SKIBUM you dug up an old post think you need to go back and read post # 3 thru to # 6643, page 1 to 665 to get the ASPECT that JJRANCH no longer works for MOTOR WEST :)

Lady K, jess-juju and Panhandle flash Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I just wanna give a big shout out to the mechanics for not turning my batt switch back off. love sitting for an hour waiting for my car to jump start my truck.

8. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    That's ok snowy. Mine forgot to install a gasket, when changing a fuel filter. Ended up having to change it again, cause I was losing my prime.Got 1.25 hrs left on my 70 and am trying to decide whether to slide into NY or not. TA in Milldale, CTRL charges to park, Maybrook does not.

9. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    JJ is now an O/O and has been for a little over 2 years, we purchased our truck outright and leased onto F2F, in May 2012.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Even with a fatality, you'd think k the investigation and clean up would be finished by now. Almost 4 hrs now, stuck in this traffic.

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    stopped at the J in primm nevada. thought i'd pick up a cell phone mount. NOPE. no carry.

dinner time. so let's check out the little mexi cafe inside the J. sorry we're closed.
    subway for a meatball sandwich. NOPE. all out of meatballs. how about a spicy italian. NOPE. all out of salami.

10 p.m. 105 outside. i made a pitstop and walked across the parking lot in the heat for NOTHING.

rolled into baker. it's 7 degrees cooler. hope the cops don't show up. cuz I'M IDLING TONIGHT.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.