Job hopping

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ramek10, Mar 10, 2018.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And yes, falsifying an application is grounds for immediate termination anywhere, so keep this in mind. But in the truck driver applicant world, carriers expect this to one degree or another, with every applicant.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ramek10

Ramek10 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2018
    It was not company it was me

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok well what's the issue with you then?

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but most (not all) carriers that report to DAC will report attendance to orientation if you leave early and don't finish. Now in most settings job offers are based on finishing orientation, this is true. However you don't want to have a lot of unfinished orientations clustered together. One more thing about DAC I know happens because I have a copy of mine and see it clearly. DAC keeps a record of inquiries made and the time made. This is much like the 3 big credit reporting agencies do. In fact I know of several credit card applications that were declined because of too many inquiries. I can't stress this enough in threads like this one. ALL carriers local or OTR MUST keep a driver qualification file on ALL drivers employed or contracted to them. Then this file must be updated once a year. The FMCSA has specific rules for carriers to follow and they MUST have employment and ESPECIALLY CDL employment history in these files. Regardless if they use DAC or not. Just like has been brought up in some of the drug threads. This industry is a VERY heavily regulated industry by the FMCSA as well as the states. You will do yourself a big favor if you stay honest with answering all questions and STAY QUIET and not volunteer information not asked for.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Realistically there are a many of companies out here that could care less of DAC. I know a guy that is o his 17th company. He's either chasing the money. Or better hometime.

Wingnut1 Thanks this.
  7. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Lol one post and he quit. Didn’t follow up. Hopped off this forum.

8. Ramek10

Ramek10 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Thanks

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  9. Ramek10

Ramek10 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Thank you

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The poster followed up numerous times and directly answered questions. Not sure what you expect of them.

IluvCATS and Lepton1 Thank this.
  11. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    I think he's serious, and is reading the opinions we're airing. But OP, you're not giving enough info for the experienced here to advise; you say it's your issues not the companies you've tried but that means what exactly?

Lepton1 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.