Job Updates!!!!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by gdyupgal, Jan 24, 2016.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Hang in there QualityMike, hopefully it'll get better for you.

Shyrage, keep calling Enterprise, do not wait for them to call you back. It took me months of calling and reapplying before I got hired.

gdyupgal and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    Thats Exactly why I left the Bakken. Why stay in ND for those wages, plus winters on the way. Stay safe .

Milkman719 and gdyupgal Thank this.
  4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
  5. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Wow, I think the slowest week I had out in Eagle Ford was around 1600. They are really sticking it to the drivers it appears.

Why did you leave FedEx? I was told it was a good company to drive for.

6. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    I was promised 2400/week + to come back to the oil field.

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  7. glenn71

Jul 13, 2013
    I think I would be demanding a meeting with whomever made that promise. My first sentence would be, "You owe me some money."

8. QualityMike

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    You can make 2400/ week, but you have to be willing to put in 100+ hours. There are guys there doing that right now. We had a roll over death 6 weeks ago and they are still allowing guys to put in ridiculously long hours.

Lepton1 and gdyupgal Thank this.
  9. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW

There are NO PROMISES in the Oilfields!!

RockinChair, Lepton1 and gdyupgal Thank this.
  10. glenn71

Jul 13, 2013
    Yeah I used to work with a couple guys like that. Personally, I stuck to a 5/2 schedule and only would add an extra day if the owner made it worth my while. I could usually do three runs in 10-12 hours. Anything more than that and I just handed the truck off to the next guy. 10-12 hours a day was enough to wear me out anyway.

Both of the guys that would put in 15-16 hour days caused the company to lose a contract. They both had good-sized spills at the same well site, a couple of days apart. I think both of them fell asleep in the truck while loading.

Since they were buddies with the owner they didn't lose their gigs and actually moved up to better paying runs, one of which was mine. I told the owner to p### off and quit. He actually called me a couple of months ago to see how I was doing and apologize, which was nice, even if it was a year too late.

In retrospect, I kinda hated hauling crude anyway. I like the job I have now, even though I would like to be home more often. Money is just as good, if not better and I really don't have to work very hard for it.

11. QualityMike

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    These guys are hauling 6 loads a shift, 6 days a week. After the rollover death, another driver ran off the road after getting loaded. Kept the rig upright, but put it in the ditch. They think he fell asleep.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.