Jobs?

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by Flat, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Flat

Flat Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I helped for Christmas and worked my tail off just to get on as a handler but they did not hire any of us. I ot a great review and I am re-hire. I see a few OTR positions open after reading on here I am confused. If I work as an OTR driver is that a union job or is it not? I do not mind moving I just would like to be in the same income bracket as the route driver I worked with. I know his pay is by union contract. But also a senior driver can bump me and I don't work that day. So I see good and bad as the new guy just want to know where I stand. I am waiting to get my hazmat before I apply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you're referring to UPS Freight, I don't think they are union. I interviewed with them at one time and they, at that time, were non-union. UPS Freight used to be Overnight, until UPS purchased the company. They even used seperate terminals from the union trucks.

4. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    Thats correct....I work for upsf and its non union......I'm trying to figure ot how to best make a transition but I understand it's tough

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient

I understand UPSF is a very good company to work for; the drivers I talked to occasionally were happy there and all seemed like nice people. I worked for a union company one time for a while, and it was awful. Constant fighting against management and when that wasn't going on the drivers were knifing each other. It reminded me of a daycare center for truck drivers suffering from dementia. Hope you have a better experience if you make that transition.

6. inspector200

inspector200 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2010
    RI
    I have worked for upsf for 3 years and we r union..hope this elpsh

7. MittRomknee

MittRomknee Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Palm Desert, CA.
    Last I looked, UPSF is all represented by the IBT. Yes, they were Overnite, but....not any more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.