Joe & Tow's new trucking adventures/ex GTI thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1135, Mar 3, 2014.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Interesting. This morning before I left Albert Lea, MN, I was parked next to a Heartland truck pulling a Gordon trailer. So, you ask, how is that 'interesting?' It's normal.

The truck was a sleek, pure black Western Star with Heartland and Million Miler decals on both doors. They must be branching out to the O/O community.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Heartland and GTI have both had O/O.

GTI used to be yellow trucks for O/O, now 8xxx series truck numbers.

I am pretty sure I've seen Heartland o/o before but it was just a small difference in stickers.

4. DenaliDad

That's why this one stood out. I've never seen either fleet in a Western Star or a pure black anything. They must be branching out. I was going to take a photo but with an OAT of -15, the mere thought of opening the door again was enough to slap myself hard.

5. DenaliDad

I saw two unusual things today.

1) A blue Heartland tractor. Not the Gordon blue, but a deeper blue. It did have the decals, too, so I know it wasn't just a rental. Maybe another O/O with a different kind of truck.

2) And the most unusual sighting of all...a Gordon truck pulling (gasp!) a Gordon trailer.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The new Smurf blue trucks have Heartland markings, btw haven't noticed the e-logs decals, HL uses People-net and GTI used Qual-comm. Other colors probably o/o but may possibly be a truck bought to fill a need. I have seen a Pewter gray Cascadia with GTI emblems that looked company.

7. DenaliDad

I saw one of the "aquatint" blue trucks with the Heartland logo on it yesterday. Kinda sad, but it's how things are; new owner, new way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.