Jordan Carriers is BAD

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by baby, Mar 21, 2014.

1. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    Hello everyone. I just got sent home from jordan carriers because i refused to drive a 2012 volvo with bad injectors after learning the problem causes severe vibration and possible load shifting and can cause the truck to shutdown at highway speeds. They have a whole fleet of volvos with injectors going bad and it IS a safety issue and maybe the trucks should be recalled??? This company is forcing drivers to drive with the defect and in my caae....FIRING you if you will not!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    Sorry for the typo.

4. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Don't know about all that load shifting BS. But it does make engine run rough; Had 2012 Volvo do this last summer. Just changed one injector and no problems. Take run and stop somewhere comfy and call service. All diesels are going to get rough when running on reduced % of power. Call DOT if you think it;s that bad.

baby Thanks this.
  5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Who told you that bad injectors can cause a ld. shift??
    That's pure B.S< I have had injectors go in my Detroit and no ld. shift. Rough running motor yes.
    Yes trk. might shut down, but just do like other poster said. Find a shop on the road and cll your break down crew...

6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Load shifting due to bad injector? That's a good one LOL. :laughing-guffaw:

You should have taken it to the scale and asked them to park you they would have laughed you out of there. Can't believe you quit a job over that. Must not want to drive a truck very badly. Good grief where does the industry find these people?

Tell me because I have to know. Who told you a bad injector can cause a load to shift? NHTSA bulletin/recall? Volvo TSB?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  7. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

The way I read the post is they got sent home. Fired. Not quit

Lonesome and baby Thank this.
  8. Foxcover

Foxcover Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Unless your load isn't tied down at all I can't see how a bad injector could cause a load shift.
    However, with Volvo it is engine suicide to drive it with a bad injector, I don't know for sure with the D13 but I had a D12 many years ago that an injector went out on and was advised by a very good Volvo mechanic not to pull a load with it like this, apparently the diesel was part of the cooling system and if the injector wasn't injecting fuel it would roast the piston & cylender head.

If your company has no mechanical savvy and tells you to keep driving by golly I'd drive her till she dropped!

truckinmike1984 and passingthru69 Thank this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    This has to be a joke. You lost your job because of something some nitwit told you about trucks? LOLOL!

(pardon...I believe I am past the laughing fits.)

Okay. Some nitwit gave you bad intel. Why didnt you double check with the forum BEFORE refusing to drive the truck? Injectors go bad. It happens. It's not safety issue and it wont affect your load. And it wont kill your engine at highway speed. As stated, loss of power and rough idle is it.

Everyone else who may not know anything about the mechanics of a truck, listen up: BEFORE you go to war with your company, before you quit over a perceived safety issue, post about it and get a 2nd opinion from us. Losing a job over something like this is a bonehead move. Dot let some nitwit you work with cost you a job.

10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Ok but I'd still call that quitting. It's basically a work refusal.

11. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    The truck was shutting down at HIGHWAY speeds and ALL the injectors are bad and yea..
    the vibration could cause a load shift??? Okay...if NOT...then you still cant drive a truck with bad injectors that is shutting off at highway speeds and i didnt quit. They told me they were NOT going to fix it and to go home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.