Jtc scraps

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by orangepicker, Mar 18, 2015.

1. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    Does jtc haul Tyson scraps like K&B or do they get any good long hauls?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I don't know if they were scraps, but I have taken 2000lbs boxes of various meat parts to a place that makes lunch meats and such. We haul a lot of Tyson loads. They are usually heavy, but you can get a light load every now and then from Tyson.

JCT is mainly 1000+ plus mile loads, but there are some shorter runs thrown in the mix. The shorter runs tend to be if do a swap or agree to run a couple of local runs if needed. JCT is a long haul OTR company for the most part. We do have some regional guys around (California and Texas that I know of).

4. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    i'm in fart smith watching JTC trucks weighting out at a fuel stop and sliding axles and reweighing...must be heavy stuff....the trucks don't look like anything i would lease...look to be a base model company truck...

5. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Tyson usually run 40k plus on the loads.

6. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    I would say they are a step up from a stock rig. I drove a stock at swift and this one has more options. They also have petes and some KWs on the way as well.

7. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
    Well, it certainly isn't the Tyson trucks getting the good loads. Well, the solo drivers anyway. That's experience speaking.

8. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    JTC, I'm thinking you mean JCT, or are you posting in the wrong section, just curious

9. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Looking over his comments and specific misspelled words, I think he was attempting to poke fun.

10. reeferflunkie

reeferflunkie Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    So glad not to be a reeferflunkie anymore...I might even change my screen name...but yes jct hauls a lot of Tyson scraps...I have hauled them and they are pushing the limit on weight...

11. reeferflunkie

reeferflunkie Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Pretty much baseline trucks, with a few limited options...nothing like an O/O spec'ed truck. ..pretty cheap made, but extremely high payments....less than 6% of L/O's from JCT will ever see the title to the truck....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.